Quick Question Thread

The Clyde Auditorium is the Armadillo, the SECC is the big shed. Shared car park though so will be very busy.

Brilliant, cheers. That was what I'd thought having a look at the website, but I wasn't 100% sure. Have a green spot, you really should've had one for the Indian suggestion too!

Probably just park somewhere else, miles away, to be honest. Think it cost us a fiver to get out of the car park last time. That can't be that wise an idea. What I've spent all my money on Free Bird t-shirts?

Brilliant, cheers. That was what I'd thought having a look at the website, but I wasn't 100% sure. Have a green spot, you really should've had one for the Indian suggestion too!

Probably just park somewhere else, miles away, to be honest. Think it cost us a fiver to get out of the car park last time. That can't be that wise an idea. What I've spent all my money on Free Bird t-shirts?

I'd maybe have a look at parking in Minerva Way, Minerva St, or Kelvinhaugh St- I used to live around there, parking's free after 5 and it's just the otherside of the covered walkway from the SECC- it did get busy when there was something on at the SECC / Armadillo though. Google Map "G3 8LZ" and that'll show you where it is in relation to everything.

Edited by Fuctifano

What weights are you lifting chief?

To be honest, if you're lower than 1BW for squat and bench and lower than 1.5BW for deadlift then you'll notice just as much difference drinking four pints of full-fat milk every day.

Having tried this, I am striking out at around 2-2.5 pints of milk a day. It's just so damn filling :(

Was having a wee glance at Johan Cruyff's wiki page. Apparently he is the current manager of 'Catalunya'.

It appears that Victor Valdes, Carles Puyol and a few others have won several 'caps' for Catalunya in recent years.

Anyone have any idea what this is all about?

Was having a wee glance at Johan Cruyff's wiki page. Apparently he is the current manager of 'Catalunya'.

It appears that Victor Valdes, Carles Puyol and a few others have won several 'caps' for Catalunya in recent years.

Anyone have any idea what this is all about?

A lot of regions in Spain have an international team. Nacho Novo plays for Galicia. The Basque region has a team.

Sure i remember Novo scoring two against Iran or Iraq a season or two ago. It's more about regions of Spain kicking and screaming about autonomy than anything else i think.

A lot of regions in Spain have an international team. Nacho Novo plays for Galicia. The Basque region has a team.

Sure i remember Novo scoring two against Iran or Iraq a season or two ago. It's more about regions of Spain kicking and screaming about autonomy than anything else i think.

But they aren't a UEFA sanctioned national team?

I'm guessing it'd be a bit like the Isle of Man or Corsica etc having a team. :huh:

Definitely more political/provinical matter than a footballing matter, I'd say.

But they aren't a UEFA sanctioned national team?

I'm guessing it'd be a bit like the Isle of Man or Corsica etc having a team. huh.gif

Definitely more political/provinical matter than a footballing matter, I'd say.

To be honest i'm not sure if they are UEFA sanctioned.

I wouldn't imagine there is any way they could be, otherwise that would create problems for the Spanish national team.

Anyone know of any good deals with contract phones? Preffereable on O2, £20 or under, unlimited texts and maybe free internet.

What is that word?laugh.gif

You can get pay as you go sims, top up a 10er a month, that gets you unlimited texts and free internet. Just go into a shop and ask. Miss a month and you start getting charged for the texts though.

I saw one of those trolleys on the beach below St Andrews Castle the other week - I read the sign on the front and though 'obviously so'.

I guess if the trolley is lifted over the metal strip then the wheel lock device can't be triggered.

What is that word?laugh.gif

You can get pay as you go sims, top up a 10er a month, that gets you unlimited texts and free internet. Just go into a shop and ask. Miss a month and you start getting charged for the texts though.

Knew it never looked right. :lol:

I thought they sims stopped and it went back up to £30 or something a month?

Depends where you are coming from but I found parking across the Clyde at the science center was the best option for getting in and out of the SECC

Saves all the hassle getting out of the SECC carpark

Of course you are faced with a 5min walk that can be very refreshing depending on the weather.

While we're on the Indian theme, my girlfriend and I are spending this weekend in Aberdeen as she has a training course. Can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant near the city centre?

While we're on the Indian theme, my girlfriend and I are spending this weekend in Aberdeen as she has a training course. Can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant near the city centre?

The Nazma Tandoori on Bridge St (close to the train station) always seems to get good reviews. I was there once and it was all pictures of Alex Salmond shaking hands with the chef on the wall and the likes but wasn't anything particularly special IMO. I was just as impressed with the Bollywood on Union Street - thought the name sounded pretty cheap but it was good and excellent value. 'Cinnamon' at the south end of Union Street is meant to be pretty good too, although I've never been in.

Cinnamon is on Union Street (west end near top), and on King Street is Mamzil (other end of Union St and only just off Union Street by 30-40yards).

Mamzil would be my 1st recommendation if you are that end of Union St.

Depends where you are coming from but I found parking across the Clyde at the science center was the best option for getting in and out of the SECC

Saves all the hassle getting out of the SECC carpark

Of course you are faced with a 5min walk that can be very refreshing depending on the weather.

Actually ended up just walking from the Indian we were at (I keep forgetting the name, and want to call it Boromir's). It was a 15 minute walk, but it meant we were well out of the traffic. Happy days :)

Mamzil would be my 1st recommendation if you are that end of Union St.

Only been there once and my first memory that springs to mind is getting ripped off. That's the place that used to be Kuri, right?