Quick Question Thread

Where can I get my hair cut in Stirling city centre?

Come round to mine, I'll do it for a fiver...

I can't actually recommend anywhere, but there's a barbers at Causewayhead, and another across the road from Union Street, although I'm not actually sure it's open. I also think the one on the big roundabout at Tesco does men's haircuts, although it's a bit "salon-y" and might be pricey.

This is largely unhelpful.

Come round to mine, I'll do it for a fiver...

I can't actually recommend anywhere, but there's a barbers at Causewayhead, and another across the road from Union Street, although I'm not actually sure it's open. I also think the one on the big roundabout at Tesco does men's haircuts, although it's a bit "salon-y" and might be pricey.

This is largely unhelpful.

:lol:

I did know there was one at Causewayhead, I just can't be arsed walking along to it. Plus I quite fancy a Greggs so want an excuse to go into town. I'd ruled out the ones at Tesco and Union Street for the reasons you mention.

Anyone else know of any others?

Edit - apparently there's one not far away from Fubar on Barnton Street. It better be open...

Edited by Paco

Why does it cost £95,000 for someone to design a logo for the Glasgow Commonwealth games? :huh:

Also noticed the London 'Lisa Simpson Giving Head' Olympics logo cost £400,000 too. What do the designers do that could possibly cost that amount?

Just found out that my flight from Reykjavik to Glasgow next week has a 'service stop' at Manchester of all places – aye, let’s fly from Iceland to Glasgow but fly past Glasgow to get to Manchester and then take them all back to Glasgow??? :blink:

Can anyone shed some light on this crazy world? What's worse is one guy I'm travelling with actually wants to go to Manchester that night once we get back and was planning on getting a train down to Manchester from Glasgow, even though we'll be stopping there earlier that day. Don't imagine they'll let him off and set up a passport immigrations desk just for him.

The Icelandair flight, just does a "circular" route. i.e. the plane does REK=>MAN=>GLA=>REK.

I'd imagine that the majority of the passengers on the Reykjavik => Manchester flight which goes on to Glasgow, will have Manchester as their final destination.

Why does it cost £95,000 for someone to design a logo for the Glasgow Commonwealth games? :huh:

Also noticed the London 'Lisa Simpson Giving Head' Olympics logo cost £400,000 too. What do the designers do that could possibly cost that amount?

Wages, mostly. I imagine that the design firms who get handed these projects are paying their designers a fair whack, and they'll be sticking a profit mark-up onto those, too.

The Icelandair flight, just does a "circular" route. i.e. the plane does REK=>MAN=>GLA=>REK.

I'd imagine that the majority of the passengers on the Reykjavik => Manchester flight which goes on to Glasgow, will have Manchester as their final destination.

It is indeed the Icelandair one - so there's a good chance he can just get off at Manchester even though he's got a ticket for Glasgow? Assuming so, sweet :)

Cheers.

It is indeed the Icelandair one - so there's a good chance he can just get off at Manchester even though he's got a ticket for Glasgow? Assuming so, sweet :)

Cheers.

biggest problem is his luggage,they wont label his luggage to manchester if his ticket is for glasgow

I feel like a right tool asking a question as stupid as this, but oh well.

How would you go about returning a pair of shoes to a website? Basically, I ordered size 10 Nike Mercurials and they sent me a childs size 10 unsure.gif.

Phoned them up, said send them back to us with a covering letter and it'll get sorted. But would you get another box and put the original shoebox inside? Or stick the letter inside the shoebox and sellotape f**k out of it?

biggest problem is his luggage,they wont label his luggage to manchester if his ticket is for glasgow

Suppose he could ask the air company to change it to manchester when he checks it in, incurring a massive debt in fees knowing most air companies these days even though all it takes is someone to stick a manchester sticker on it instead.

I feel like a right tool asking a question as stupid as this, but oh well.

How would you go about returning a pair of shoes to a website? Basically, I ordered size 10 Nike Mercurials and they sent me a childs size 10 unsure.gif.

Phoned them up, said send them back to us with a covering letter and it'll get sorted. But would you get another box and put the original shoebox inside? Or stick the letter inside the shoebox and sellotape f**k out of it?

Get some brown paper and wrap the original box in that

Suppose he could ask the air company to change it to manchester when he checks it in, incurring a massive debt in fees knowing most air companies these days even though all it takes is someone to stick a manchester sticker on it instead.

wont do it at check in youll have to do it at a ticket desk, ;)

the bus takes around an hour from rejkavik to the airport so give yourself time

Edited by doulikefish

Where can I get my hair cut in Stirling city centre?

I would recommend a place on Friar's Street - just across from Jimmy Chungs.

I don't know but there is a topic about it here:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/125133-commonweath-games-logo/

:ph34r:;)

How long should it take to get a new passport issued after you've sent away the apllication and your old one? Being still at ID'able age, being minus a passport is like losing a limb.

Edited by vikingTON

How long should it take to get a new passport issued after you've sent away the apllication and your old one? Being still at ID'able age, being minus a passport is like losing a limb.

Im sure it took me almost exactly 2 weeks. They will send out your new one recorded delivery then your old one in the post.

You carry your Passport around with you? Do you not have a (Provisional) Driving License?

Regarding a Sony Ericsson mobile...

does anyone know how to turn off the balance screen after youve made a call or sent a text?

eg after ive sent the text or made the call it wont say your balance is whatever

Thank youuuu smile.gif