Quick Question Thread

I've only been on a plane twice in my life, and I'm hopeless at search for them, so doesn anyone know if there's an easy, cheap way/flights from Scotland to Norwich?

Cheers

I've only been on a plane twice in my life, and I'm hopeless at search for them, so doesn anyone know if there's an easy, cheap way/flights from Scotland to Norwich?

Cheers

Flybe fly from Edinburgh to Norwich. Assuming you're going for a Shrewsbury game, it does look as if you'd have to stay overnight then come back on the Sunday as the Saturday flight back leaves at 4pm.

I don't know off the top of my head how far it is from London to East Anglia via train but that would probably be the next best direct option.

Not for a Shrewsbury game, no, but it would be for a couple of nights. 29th July and fly back ont her 1st August was what I was looking at. Any idea how much that Flybe effort would cost? Next thing I was looking at was Glasgow-London then a train or whatever from there to Norwich, the flights would only be £30 return.

Cheers

Not for a Shrewsbury game, no, but it would be for a couple of nights. 29th July and fly back ont her 1st August was what I was looking at. Any idea how much that Flybe effort would cost? Next thing I was looking at was Glasgow-London then a train or whatever from there to Norwich, the flights would only be £30 return.

Cheers

Flights would be £81 return if you got somehow yourself to Edinbra airport for a 7.05 flight (would be impossible by public transport I'd think) getting in at 8.30, or £106 for one at 17.10 getting in at 18.30.

Flight on the way back regardless of the options going out is 16.15 getting in at 17.35.

Just saw Chrisy M92's post- it's a fair wedge to get your hole, surely a night out in Campus is cheaper?

Edited by Fuctifano

You'd have to have a mess about with train timetables etc, bear in mind that unless you're flying to London City (which you won't be as the flights are £30) then there's another substantial leg from the London airports to the main London train stations, although one of them might be on the line to Norwich, i don't know.

Flights would be £81 return if you got somehow yourself to Edinbra airport for a 7.05 flight (would be impossible by public transport I'd think) getting in at 8.30, or £106 for one at 17.10 getting in at 18.30.

Flight on the way back regardless of the options going out is 16.15 getting in at 17.35.

Just saw Chrisy M92's post- it's a fair wedge to get your hole, surely a night out in Campus is cheaper?

This burds had it comming, I'll tell ye.

I think the £30 Glasgow-London and London-Norwich route would be cheapest, but cheers anyway ;)

Obviously I know what a spirit is, gin, whisky, vodka, rum etc. But why does this collection of totally different drinks all come under the header of spirit, is there a particular type of distillation process that makes a spirit a spirit, or if not, then why are they different to wine, beer or cider?

Obviously I know what a spirit is, gin, whisky, vodka, rum etc. But why does this collection of totally different drinks all come under the header of spirit, is there a particular type of distillation process that makes a spirit a spirit, or if not, then why are they different to wine, beer or cider?

According to my tour guide at the Talisker distillery last September, a "spirit" is a distilled beverage which has no added sugar and at least an ABV of 20%, whereas beers, lagers and wines are limited at most to about 15% (as the yeast can't produce any more alcohol).

The term "spirit" arises from the first time these drinks were made, as the vapors they gave off looked like spirits, or ghosts.

Anybody know what the maximum amount of money you can travel with between two EU countries is without having to declare?

10,000 euros I believe.

Have a couple of questions..

Firstly, do clubs in the SFL pay for there match balls, or are they supplied by the SFL?

And secondly, has anyone been to Linlithgows Prestonfield park lately? Whats the surface like?

These days they're supplied by the SFL, each club gets 30 at the start of the season and are supposed to start each match with a brand new ball.

Clubs can buy extra ones at a discount to the retail price, not sure of the exact price but it's nowhere near the £85 that's been quoted (or £250 on the Alloa/Clyde thread!).

There's a story told about Third Lanark when they were in their last days and they couldn't afford to buy a new ball for each game, they had one decent ball that they gave to the ref to kick off the game with, but the Third Lanark players were under instruction to whack the ball out of the ground at the first opportunity, an old ball would then be thrown on and the decent ball would be retreived and stored away, ready to use at the next game!

Just found out that my flight from Reykjavik to Glasgow next week has a 'service stop' at Manchester of all places – aye, let’s fly from Iceland to Glasgow but fly past Glasgow to get to Manchester and then take them all back to Glasgow??? :blink:

Can anyone shed some light on this crazy world? What's worse is one guy I'm travelling with actually wants to go to Manchester that night once we get back and was planning on getting a train down to Manchester from Glasgow, even though we'll be stopping there earlier that day. Don't imagine they'll let him off and set up a passport immigrations desk just for him.