Quick Question Thread

Guest Garibaldi
Tools, word count.
Tools/Word count

Cheers guys, but this seems to be some gay student version, as there isn't even a tools dropdown. I've looked all over and can't find it. Damn my technological retardation! :angry:

Not to worry, I'm away to annoy the first member of staff I can find in this library.

Cheers guys, but this seems to be some gay student version, as there isn't even a tools dropdown. I've looked all over and can't find it. Damn my technological retardation! :angry:

Not to worry, I'm away to annoy the first member of staff I can find in this library.

would blocking over the text work?

Guest Garibaldi
would blocking over the text work?

As it happens just after I typed that I found it tucked away somewhere, cheers guys.

I wish I hadn't though, 660 fucking words done in a 1500 word essay, due tommorow morning!

Edit: Just realised I was including the references list in that, so it's actually only 604 words :lol::o Christ what am I still doing on here? Later folks.

Edited by Garibaldi

If you just google "word count" and then copy and paste your stuff into the text box on the first website that comes up, it tells you.

Even worse is Shropshire, which you would think would be 'Shrops', but is, in fact, 'Salop'.

As far as Hampshire is concerned, the abbreviation 'Hants' dates back to the Olde English name, 'Hantum'. When the Domesday book was written, the area was known as 'Hantescire', which has evolved to 'Hampshire', but the abbreviation still keeps the older tradition going.

Similarly with Shropshire, the old name was Scrobbesbyrigscīr (I kid you not), and due to the difficulty in the pronounciation, the Normans altered it to 'Salopesara'.

Cheers Stewarty,thats been bugging me for years and no one has been able to give me an answer.

Must be exact opposite to the likes of Plean,which is elongated to Whitafuckingshithole :lol:

:lol: Why not?

You're fast becoming a legend.

If you pay for my platinum membership I'll change my name to TwisteB

:rolleyes:8):P:huh::)

f**k that. Come to my games and be a weirdo fan-stalker who just sings songs about how great I am. :lol:

On the subject. Was down at Alton Towers during the summer, and was convinced that 'Uttoxeter' was pronounced a different way. I told my mates but they were having none of it.

How is that pronounced?

Towcester is 'toaster', for example.

There was a guy on radio 5 this am who pronounced Tyndrum as tindrum and made a complete hash of a nerby Ben...