Quick Question Thread

Never. Besides, mines is an open plan office, adjacent to a labratory, I simply can't give in to my base instincts, which are are at the moment to scream the lyrics of 'yes' by the manics very loudly :lol:

:lol:

I've got a wee 2 person cell, populated by me and my mate, who is currently trying not to make eye contact, so it means I can just close the door, and do what I want. Open plan offices can go rot in hell. B)

Why, when I look into a spoon, is my puss upside-down?

The inside of a spoon is like a concave lens.

lenses.gif

Your face would be on the left of that diagram. If your face was further away than the focal distance, the image would appear inverted once it had reflected back off the surface of the spoon.

The back of the spoon is like the top diagram, so that's why your face would look the right way up.

Edited by Gordon EF

:lol:

I've got a wee 2 person cell, populated by me and my mate, who is currently trying not to make eye contact, so it means I can just close the door, and do what I want. Open plan offices can go rot in hell. B)

May I recommend a little game to you?

If the two of you are in an office with the door shut, Coffee Ball is a mighty fine way to pass the time. I'll start by giving you a brief history of the game.

It was invented following the use of a putter and a golf ball for practice in the office by my then boss. When it transpired that not all of us were particularly good at putting (least of all me), we developed a game called Chair Ball, where we sat in our swivel chairs and bounced the golf ball to each other, sliding on our chairs to reach for the ball. You had to throw the ball as hard as possible so a: it would bounce on the carpet and b: it would hurt the catcher's hand. We decided that this wasn't challenging enough and so made the game a little more dangerous.

We then each of us played the game with a full cup of fresh coffee in our non-catching hands. The last person with a full cup was the winner. The person who emptied their cup won nothing but badly scalded hands.

If the two of you are in an office with the door shut, Coffee Ball is a mighty fine way to pass the time. I'll start by giving you a brief history of the game.

It was invented following the use of a putter and a golf ball for practice in the office by my then boss. When it transpired that not all of us were particularly good at putting (least of all me), we developed a game called Chair Ball, where we sat in our swivel chairs and bounced the golf ball to each other, sliding on our chairs to reach for the ball. You had to throw the ball as hard as possible so a: it would bounce on the carpet and b: it would hurt the catcher's hand. We decided that this wasn't challenging enough and so made the game a little more dangerous.

We then each of us played the game with a full cup of fresh coffee in our non-catching hands. The last person with a full cup was the winner. The person who emptied their cup won nothing but badly scalded hands.

sensible :lol:

Sounds like one hell of a game! Just a pity our office is a big open plan one with everyone in it.

Sounds like one hell of a game! Just a pity our office is a big open plan one with everyone in it.

Do you have those partition screens? You just have to remember to play with the old "head height" rule. As long as your partitioned section is big enough and you don't cheer too loud, you should be fine.

Do you have those partition screens? You just have to remember to play with the old "head height" rule. As long as your partitioned section is big enough and you don't cheer too loud, you should be fine.

Nope, we'd get busted straight away, jesus i just had to turn the radio down because it was annoying people pretty sure their would be complaints/sackings if we where to start playing cool games

Nope, we'd get busted straight away, jesus i just had to turn the radio down because it was annoying people pretty sure their would be complaints/sackings if we where to start playing cool games

What utter b*****ds. :angry:

Maybe a game for the carpark? You'd probably have to leave out the swivelly chairs though. I think folk would get suspicious if you all started wheeling your chairs outside.

What utter b*****ds. :angry:

Maybe a game for the carpark? You'd probably have to leave out the swivelly chairs though. I think folk would get suspicious if you all started wheeling your chairs outside.

Theres swivel chairs out in the store and hardly anyone uses it, this could work

Theres swivel chairs out in the store and hardly anyone uses it, this could work

Result! My only other suggestion would have been if you or a friend has a patio in your back garden you could all take a swivel chair and a golf ball. I've never tried Al Fresco Coffee Ball, but I'd be interested to learn if you pull it off and how it goes.

Result! My only other suggestion would have been if you or a friend has a patio in your back garden you could all take a swivel chair and a golf ball. I've never tried Al Fresco Coffee Ball, but I'd be interested to learn if you pull it off and how it goes.

It would be quite funny pitching the idea to mates, right come round to my back garden, take a swivel chair and prepare for a hand scalding!

It might be worth asking just for the responses

What happens when your flight is late and you miss a connecting flight? Do they stick you on another one or do you need to buy a new ticket?

I think they put you on a connecting one. It's not your fault if your flight is late. However, if you've missed your flight, I'd assume it's your own fault and you pay your own way.

I think they put you on a connecting one. It's not your fault if your flight is late. However, if you've missed your flight, I'd assume it's your own fault and you pay your own way.

That depends on the airline.

The budget airlines mention in their T&Cs that their flights are intended as a point-to-point means of transport, rather than for connection to onward flights.

I imagine they would move you to a later flight for nowt if they could, but they would be within their rights to make you buy a new ticket.

Edited by wearealldoomed

Why do we call relegation crunch matches '6 pointers'?

Because depending on the result at the end of the match the difference between the two extreme outcomes is 6 points.

If Team A is on 23 points before it plays Team B who are on 20 points then, a win for Team A will leave a gap of six points and a win for Team B will leave them level. So it's a "six pointer".

Likewise, if they are both on the same points then a win for Team A would leave them 3 points ahead and a win for Team B would leave them the same. Relative to one another the difference is six points. You have the opportunity to win three points for yourself and prevent them getting three points at the same time.