Quick Question Thread

I thought I'd asked this in here before, but obviously not in this thread anyway:

See in the Bran Flakes (may be another cereal but that's not important) advert with Chris Hoy, is it Garth Crooks that challenges him to a race at the end? Or just some unknown dude?

I thought I'd asked this in here before, but obviously not in this thread anyway:

See in the Bran Flakes (may be another cereal but that's not important) advert with Chris Hoy, is it Garth Crooks that challenges him to a race at the end? Or just some unknown dude?

It is just some unknown dude with a very annoying voice.

Why don't penguins get cold feet? :)

penguins are covered in a thick layer of fat and have waterproof feathers, which insulates their bodies from the cold. in fact it works so well that they actually risk overheating.

to counteract this they have a sophisticated network of arteries in their feet which regulates blood flow maintaining a temperature just above freezing and which also assists in keeping their bodies cool.

Guest Dunc?

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for slander/defamation of character or similar because of something they've posted on an internet forum?

I'm asking because there's been a few incidents on various websites where stuff is removed because of legal issues, but has it ever gone to court?

If someone was given a "fixed penalty notice" (£40 fine), if said person was to get a disclosure, would this appear on it bearing in mind it's not a conviction?

I got fined for speeding a few years ago and I have an Enhanced Disclosure for when I'm tutoring, and it doesn't show on it.

If someone was given a "fixed penalty notice" (£40 fine), if said person was to get a disclosure, would this appear on it bearing in mind it's not a conviction?

No, I'm reliably informed, unless it's an advanced disclosure, in which case he's not entirely sure. He does say that your local Police Station would be able to tell you if you give them a quick phonecall.

There you are, Gaz knew already. :)

Edited by Lyn-Marie

What should I use to clean my laptop computer?

I've had it for around six months now and it's getting a bit manky - they screen has marks and scuffs that I'm sure would come out with a decent cleaning agent. The keyboard and that is a bit dusty too.

Any advice is welcome.

I've had it for around six months now and it's getting a bit manky - they screen has marks and scuffs that I'm sure would come out with a decent cleaning agent. The keyboard and that is a bit dusty too.

Any advice is welcome.

If you've got one of yon microfibre cloths it'll take most of the smudges off the screen.

Don't know about a cleaning agent though, though I'm sure Maplin's etc. will have something for that.

Any advice is welcome.

I could do with advice on this matter, too.

penguins are covered in a thick layer of fat and have waterproof feathers, which insulates their bodies from the cold. in fact it works so well that they actually risk overheating.

to counteract this they have a sophisticated network of arteries in their feet which regulates blood flow maintaining a temperature just above freezing and which also assists in keeping their bodies cool.

What an impressive and evolved physiognomy! It actually saddens me that we just make biscuits out of them.

What an impressive and evolved physiognomy! It actually saddens me that we just make biscuits out of them.

:lol:

I remember I saved up tokens on the back of 8-packs, and sent it off to McVities to get a large soft toy penguin. After I had received it, I got a letter from McVities asking for it back, because the penguins that had been sent out had problems with their eyes (I think they could fall out or something, small child could eat it) so I sent it back, and they said they would distribute news ones.

Years on, and I'm still waiting for my penguin. :angry: