Quick Question Thread

Generally speaking, because of the costs involved (postage, that is) in requesting references for everyone that applies, they only tend to request them for the person they've offered the job to. If it's over a week, I'd give them a call if I were you. Waiting to find out if you've got a job or not is so frustrating, it's only fair they give you the good/bad news just so it's over! Remember, if you don't get the job, you can always ask them why, and they ought to give you feedback so that you have some hints for your next interview.

Tell me about it, I can't even bring myself to apply for anything else.

It was actually my first interview but I thought it went quite well.

I might give them a call on Monday if I haven't heard from them by then.

Tell me about it, I can't even bring myself to apply for anything else.

It was actually my first interview but I thought it went quite well.

I might give them a call on Monday if I haven't heard from them by then.

I'm in a similar boat just now waiting to find out if I'm getting into college or not. The course is actually full, but I'm on the reserve list and I'm assured that people always pull out, either before the start of the course or within in the first week. I'll most likely be waiting until the start of term before I hear anything. Until I find out, I'm kind of in limbo just now.

Whatever way it turns out for you, think of it as positive. If you get it, great stuff. If not, it's experience and a lesson for the next one.

Nah, not that. People would draw a famous fooballer in paint and people would have to guess who it is. One guy was really good at it.

Ah, right. It must have been while I was offline. I don't remember it.

Try remembering a word that was posted that you don't come across every day. For example, searching for "Makelele" is going to bring up far less results that "Footballer". Was there maybe a footballer posted in it that doesn't get mentioned a lot. I'd definitely not try "Quitongo".

Guest Dunc?

How come, when a Native American throws a tomahawk at a target, or a tree or something, the blade always gets stuck in, and it never lands handle first and bounces off. The same applies to knives.

A travel related question here,

Does Hamilton West Train Station have a taxi rank outside it?

Thanks

x

Hamilton West (Scotland) station is served by a taxi rank or a cab office. Check availability before travelling, and pre-book if necessary. Consider using the following local operators:

Hamilton Radio 01698 281144

Bridge 01698 422288

Well-Man 01698 891313

Although the National Rail website says otherwise:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/hnw...Transport_Links

(yes I'm bored, waiting for baseball to start)

Hamilton West (Scotland) station is served by a taxi rank or a cab office. Check availability before travelling, and pre-book if necessary. Consider using the following local operators:

Hamilton Radio 01698 281144

Bridge 01698 422288

Well-Man 01698 891313

Although the National Rail website says otherwise:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/hnw...Transport_Links

(yes I'm bored, waiting for baseball to start)

Cheers.

Is it a midgie or a midge?

Midgie.

It stands for For The Win, and basically means it's the best. So for example, P&B FTW = P&B rules. It's l33t speak, I think.

I've never heard that before. I had no idea what it meant. It doesn't even make sense. :huh:

Kids today speak an entirely different language!

Neither incidentally do I have the first clue what "l33t speak" means?

I've never heard that before. I had no idea what it meant. It doesn't even make sense. :huh:

Kids today speak an entirely different language!

Neither incidentally do I have the first clue what "l33t speak" means?

It's a gaming term. The best gamers are the "elite" and they just went on and b*****dised language from there. Ric's explained it all before. I'll see if I can find the post.

Part of the sky was white tonight, was the sky where the artic is? How is that possible if true?

That was probably the Northern Lights, mate. They usually switch them on about 11ish at this time of the year. They're usually a greenish-blue though, must have been a fault somewhere.