Quick Question Thread

There seems to be a lot of dodgy looking mutton molesters wearing red and white scarves and speaking in an impenetrable accent in the centre of Edinburgh today 

I'm not sure whether Scotland are playing Wales or Hearts are playing Aberdeen today....

2 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Can anyone recommend a good place/website for getting retro football tops? 1973 Rangers one is what I’m looking for

For ‘73 Rangers, maybe a place stocking Third Lanack, Clydebank, Gretna and Airdrieonians, eh?

On 10/02/2023 at 13:50, SlipperyP said:

^^^ Hello Hello

My question is, I witness a great photo on here the other day maybe the politics thread 'don't f**k with the baldies'

This is my favourite movie, watched it on many occasion, ok, I can actually word by mouth from the start to end.

I'm not bald btw, I'm also not Wong....Question is has anyone else experienced this late 70's gangster shite? 'The Wanderers'

before anyone types about the other film, clicking the bottles and all that 'Worriors' shite you turn round and get ta f...

Wanderers was, to me, a bit meh, compared to the Warriors! The Warriors caused a load of friction around loads of cinemas when it was released. I remember some twat trying to smash the doors of the old ABC on Lothian Road as we were all leaving.

34 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

I'm exhausted recently and really need to de stress myself, so have booked a weekend away on Krakow. Could any body recommend anything for me to do that would alow me to feel the adrenalin again? 

Much appreciated, thanks. 

Sounds like you need some sort of shooting academy? If you were going to Vilnius or Bucharest I might be able to help but I don’t know about Krakow, sorry.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

According to historicalkits.co.uk the only difference between 72 and 73 is the socks.

Screenshot_20230220_111110_Adblock Browser.jpg

The issue when buying them is the badge always references the 72 cup winners cup. On the 1973 version it says something about the centenary. And as it’s a 50th birthday present that kind of matters. But thank you for trying to help out. I did find a site, world retro, that day they can make any retro kit so I’ve emailed them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an app delivery drivers use to give the fastest route with multiple destinations?

Occasionally do service work and go to quite a few sites over a few days, would be nice to get the easiest route rather than going back on myself constantly. 

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Is there an app delivery drivers use to give the fastest route with multiple destinations?

Occasionally do service work and go to quite a few sites over a few days, would be nice to get the easiest route rather than going back on myself constantly. 

You can get them online, very few are free (certainly not the good ones), though.

Depends how often you'll use it, some offer a free trial period, if you hardly use it.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Don't know but they used to talk about that as being beyond the capability of computers, an experienced human controller could work out more efficient routes nearly every time. That was back in the days of floppy disk drives though.. :1eye

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Looks like Google, MapQuest or Waze have options to plan routes that work for the U.S., surely at least one would work for the UK.

https://www.upperinc.com/blog/best-multi-stop-route-planner-app/

I'm no IT geek...

I use facebook, now and again, once a week at the most.

When I log on, I have friend requests from a few folk from older days (my old boss who sacked me) and high school friends, I've never spoke to EVER.

Then some folk, I've not got a clue who they are. Not even friends of friends

How does that work? Why would I want to be friends of JAKE FROM NIGERIA?

He is a good looking man tbf