Quick Question Thread

More than happy for anyone to help, but I'm.jist going to unashamedly tag @Zen Archer (Raconteur)all the same....

See when there's f**k all room behind a toilet to get a shifter onto the nut that joins the fill mechanism to the water pipe, what do you use to loosen it?

Edited by Bairnardo

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

More than happy for anyone to help, but I'm.jist going to unashamedly tag @Zen Archer (Raconteur)all the same....

See when there's f**k all room behind a toilet to get a shifter onto the nut that joins the fill mechanism to the water pipe, what do you use to loosen it?

98124.jpg

55 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

98124.jpg

36 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Some call it a basin wrench, other variants are called a crows foot spanner.

Thats one fancy basin wrench...mine was $7, a fixed length and cheapie jaws, but its a miracle worker when you can't reach!

Has anyone parked at Edinburgh airport before going on holiday? And if so what option did you take? 

There seems to be a few on the website. I'm leaning towards the multistorey carpark for a bit of added security. 

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone parked at Edinburgh airport before going on holiday? And if so what option did you take? 

There seems to be a few on the website. I'm leaning towards the multistorey carpark for a bit of added security. 

I did the automated one, you drop your keys in a Dropbox and they are in a wee locker with your car sat handy when you come back. Decent service, can't mind the name of it but it's on the airport website

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Multi storey every time for me. Security not an issue on the airport (cameras everywhere) but save £30/40 by taking the long stay option that adds 30mins or so each way? And you’ve a wee one and associated buggy/paraphernalia (I think)?

Not for me ta. Convenience every time - you’re on holiday. Enjoy yourself!

Interesting to see that immediately post-Covid the counts were quoting £40/24hrs for the multi storey and they got no trade. Down now to £10/day (for my pre booking in May). No brainier.