Quick Question Thread

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

How do islanders survive. It obviously shows my noe over reliance on the Internet but I'm island hopping up North and can't find a site (postcodes supplied usually cover about 70acre, the c***s) and I'm having to drive to terminals to bounce off of ferries WiFi to figure out WTF I'm doing. 

You been sent out for a tin of elbow grease again? 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:
How do islanders survive. It obviously shows my noe over reliance on the Internet but I'm island hopping up North and can't find a site (postcodes supplied usually cover about 70acre, the c***s) and I'm having to drive to terminals to bounce off of ferries WiFi to figure out WTF I'm doing. 

They probably just stop and ask someone.

Aye right...

images.jpeg-17.jpg

11 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

A couple of weeks or so ago I noticed a problem with our drains around the back of the house. There was a dodgy smell and some water on the paving. Like anyone else would do I ignored it and hoped it would go away, but it got to the point where the manhole covers started lifting up.

To cut a long story short the drains are clear but I've now got 3 bin bags of shit and tesco double ply paper at the bottom of the garden. The bin men came today but I was too scared to put it out as I know how their machines break this stuff up. It would stink out the street and the angry bin men might try and hunt me down for revenge.

What should I do with 3 bags of shitty soggy toilet roll?

Flush them down the bog.

5 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but why do some footballers rip holes in their socks?

Apparently it’s a comfort thing, some players find the socks too tight on their calves. It’s like Paul Sturrock playing with his at his ankles except this way you can still wear shin guards 

Apparently it’s a comfort thing, some players find the socks too tight on their calves. It’s like Paul Sturrock playing with his at his ankles except this way you can still wear shin guards 
I'm surprised manufacturers don't have a clause in the contracts forbidding this at pain of financial penalty. It's as bad a look for them as it is the players.

Love how some fabric round their calves is uncomfortable but they have no issue wrapping metres of tape round their legs.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Players cutting socks drove the treasurers of Scottish non League clubs mad

"Do thae cnuts no ken how much replacing socks costs us?"

No worries if they're like one of the posters on here who only wear socks once anyway! 

When I quote posters the text is fully highlighted and it doesn't let me type until I copy it all then I need to delete etc.

When I just type a post it keepadding new lines In and my posts be one huge. I'm on a Galaxy S22, any idea what's happened?

51 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

When I quote posters the text is fully highlighted and it doesn't let me type until I copy it all then I need to delete etc.

When I just type a post it keepadding new lines In and my posts be one huge. I'm on a Galaxy S22, any idea what's happened?

I don't know but it happened to me 

53 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ffs, just 

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ffs again! It also sometimes hits send it goes back when you're mid post resulting in things like that. I'm also on a Galaxy S22, and this seems to have coincided with a recent Android update, so could it be that? @Div not sure if this is something that can be looked at? 

I have postponed my update, I take it you don't recommend?