Quick Question Thread

23 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Might work out as less calories if it’s firing out as fast as it’s firing in too. 

That's the dream. 

I think I will stick to the stout. I will be like a gatling gun tomorrow but, unlike the bitter, I am a bit less likely to pish the bed/make multiple trips to the bog during the night. 

25 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That's the dream. 

I think I will stick to the stout. I will be like a gatling gun tomorrow but, unlike the bitter, I am a bit less likely to pish the bed/make multiple trips to the bog during the night. 

Bog trips on company time always; even when WFH. 

A couple of weeks or so ago I noticed a problem with our drains around the back of the house. There was a dodgy smell and some water on the paving. Like anyone else would do I ignored it and hoped it would go away, but it got to the point where the manhole covers started lifting up.

To cut a long story short the drains are clear but I've now got 3 bin bags of shit and tesco double ply paper at the bottom of the garden. The bin men came today but I was too scared to put it out as I know how their machines break this stuff up. It would stink out the street and the angry bin men might try and hunt me down for revenge.

What should I do with 3 bags of shitty soggy toilet roll?

2 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

A couple of weeks or so ago I noticed a problem with our drains around the back of the house. There was a dodgy smell and some water on the paving. Like anyone else would do I ignored it and hoped it would go away, but it got to the point where the manhole covers started lifting up.

To cut a long story short the drains are clear but I've now got 3 bin bags of shit and tesco double ply paper at the bottom of the garden. The bin men came today but I was too scared to put it out as I know how their machines break this stuff up. It would stink out the street and the angry bin men might try and hunt me down for revenge.

There  is probably a local company that you can contact for clearing drains, especially the stinky ones. 

They turn up in a stink wagon with a great big hose for clearing it up.  They will also take away your stinky bags.

In Inverness it is CleanCo.  Not sure what your local company will be.

Edited by Fullerene

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

There  is probably a local company that you can contact for clearing drains, especially the stinky ones. 

They turn up in a stink wagon with a great big hose for clearing it up.  They will also take away your stinky bags.

In Inverness it is CleanCo.  Not sure what your local company will be.

They'll want paid. Take it to the dump.

On 18/11/2022 at 18:02, Hedgecutter said:

Have people here dropped the F-bomb whilst talking to their parents?

My 7yo son has! I was sitting on the couch, watching him play Zelda on the Switch. He's on a tricky quest trying to jump between rocks when he suddenly says "oh I fucked that up". I had one of those Bishop Brennan did Ted kick me up the arse moments and he repeated it again. I told him that's not appropriate, he was completely oblivious to its meaning but I admired that he'd used it in the correct context. 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

A lovely after dinner surprise on Christmas Day. Stick some on the quality street as well.

I said roses, not Roses 

ETA - anybody who has anything other than After Eights on Christmas Day as an after dinner  treat deserves what they get

Edited by hk blues

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I said roses, not Roses 

ETA - anybody who has anything other than After Eights on Christmas Day as an after dinner  treat deserves what they get

and I said quality street, not Quality Street. 

Point taken re After Eights though. 

8 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

https://www.biffa.co.uk/business-waste/our-services/unplanned-waste-removal

How do islanders survive. It obviously shows my noe over reliance on the Internet but I'm island hopping up North and can't find a site (postcodes supplied usually cover about 70acre, the c***s) and I'm having to drive to terminals to bounce off of ferries WiFi to figure out WTF I'm doing. 

How do islanders survive. It obviously shows my noe over reliance on the Internet but I'm island hopping up North and can't find a site (postcodes supplied usually cover about 70acre, the c***s) and I'm having to drive to terminals to bounce off of ferries WiFi to figure out WTF I'm doing. 
They probably just stop and ask someone.