Quick Question Thread

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

There’s an Ayr supporter who taunts me about using wet wipes to clean his bumhole, then flushing said shitey wet wipes down the pan, no doubt contributing to the wet wipe blockages in the sewerage system.

Explains why Ayr smells like that.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Drivers often enjoy it if, instead of just walking by and giving a wee wave, you go up to the window and chap on it. Give two big thumbs up and a cheesy grin. Maybe even do a dance. Trust me, they love it. 

Try this here, if at all possible

image.jpeg.30a6d9af79fcfe13f15aa9b3cbbd9451.jpeg

It's probably the best place in the world to laugh at frustrated annoyed drivers

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you wave to stopped cars when using a zebra crossing?

I occasionally do and feel bad when I don't. But I find it stupid I feel this way given they're obligated to stop. It's like waving at a car for stopping at a red light.

Given how many see stopping as optional, absolutely not.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you wave to stopped cars when using a zebra crossing?

I occasionally do and feel bad when I don't. But I find it stupid I feel this way given they're obligated to stop. It's like waving at a car for stopping at a red light.

"Look at that idiot crossing the road.  I don't think he saw me.  I swear he didn't see me.  What an idiot.  Yes I am supposed to stop but what if I didn't.  Honestly what an idiot."

Giving them a wave proves you did see them and you are not an idiot.

That's my theory.

Plenty of drivers don't stop for pedestrians waiting at zebra crossings, which is why the ones who do get a wave of gratitude from me.

That's true of most things in life, actually. So many people are entitled c***s that, when someone actually stops to do the thing they're supposed to, I'll give them some kind of acknowledgement that they did A Good Thing. We don't need even more folk giving up and deciding to only do what benefits them personally at any given moment.

Zebra crossings are a thing here, but don't expect anyone to stop, never.

I asked a few locals what's the point of the the zebra crossing if nobody stops.  You could just pick any part of the road and wait until it's clear then cross.

Why make it dangerous, in thinking that people can cross, when cars don't stop.

They didn't have an answer and have no explanation why there are here after I pointed this out!

Government had an program to paint zebra crossings in from of every school.  Again asked why they are there, nobody can give me answers.

It's fucking mental if you look at it.  Governments are spending money and people are painting black and white strips across the country and in front of all schools and not one fucker knows why.😡

45 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Zebra crossings are a thing here, but don't expect anyone to stop, never.

I asked a few locals what's the point of the the zebra crossing if nobody stops.  You could just pick any part of the road and wait until it's clear then cross.

Why make it dangerous, in thinking that people can cross, when cars don't stop.

They didn't have an answer and have no explanation why there are here after I pointed this out!

Government had an program to paint zebra crossings in from of every school.  Again asked why they are there, nobody can give me answers.

It's fucking mental if you look at it.  Governments are spending money and people are painting black and white strips across the country and in front of all schools and not one fucker knows why.😡

Here the crossings are used only to offer pedestrians a place to cross which may be safer than other places as drivers are more likely to pay attention.  Also, if a driver knocks someone down on a crossing there is more chance of getting compensation than if it happened in another part of the road.  

In Hong Kong, you would be fined if you crossed anywhere else if there was a crossing within a certain distance.  It happened to me once, but I played the dumb tourist which was almost to no avail until I said I had no ID to give the warden for his wee notebook.  

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I have never tried one myself, but what helps me is a short walk outside in the afternoon to get that wee hit of Serotonin.

I also try and get a walk in, but sometimes that doesn’t happen due to the weather (although I still went a walk in that pissing rain yesterday) or due to work taking up all my time.

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They make me sad if some tit at work uses one.

From a quick look on Amazon they are fucking bright (10000 lumens) and change colour to suit whatever activity you are doing. Do you put your sunglasses on?

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Do SAD lamps actually work?

Seems to work for some and not others. The one recommended by the NHS comes with a 30 day return policy, buy one (50% off for Black Friday now it would seem) and send it back after a couple of weeks if you don't think it helps.