Quick Question Thread

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye. I'm going to have to find somebody to sit down with and discuss my options with.

I believe there is only 2 option at the moment in Scotland. Burnt or buried.

I recommend the burny one...the banks of the Tay (at least on one side) will be 10 deep.

picture7.png

21 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I believe there is only 2 option at the moment in Scotland. Burnt or buried.

I recommend the burny one...the banks of the Tay (at least on one side) will be 10 deep.

picture7.png

A mate of mine (whose grandfather owns one of the biggest funeral directors) has numerous fields where the Chinese community cross his palm and then burn their dead there. Quite a nice wee side line tbh. 

I might just see if he'll let my pisscan mates do the same for me.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

A mate of mine (whose grandfather owns one of the biggest funeral directors) has numerous fields where the Chinese community cross his palm and then burn their dead there. Quite a nice wee side line tbh. 

I might just see if he'll let my pisscan mates do the same for me.

Well, they say they're dead.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is it worthwhile getting a funeral plan at 35 years old?

As was said in the funerals thread, total waste of time and money. All Dundee jokes aside, £20/month into a separate savings account / Stocks and Shares ISA for 35 years yields you £8400 before accounting for any growth. 

Can I be mentioned in your will? 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

As was said in the funerals thread, total waste of time and money. All Dundee jokes aside, £20/month into a separate savings account / Stocks and Shares ISA for 35 years yields you £8400 before accounting for any growth. 

:lol:

Look at you, thinking I'll make 70!

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm thinking of a prominent pillbox somewhere in Scotland that's located between the two roads at a fork in the road.  Anyone know exactly where it is (there may be more than one example)?

Apparently there is a Pill Box Study Group on the internet that you could join to learn about all of these.

Hours of fun.  Tell us how you get on. 

On 07/11/2022 at 17:42, alta-pete said:

"To @alta-peteI leave hee fucking haw...Same as everybody else".

On 07/11/2022 at 10:17, Mr. Alli said:

Is it worthwhile getting a funeral plan at 35 years old?

Late on this but no not just now. The money you put in isn't protected so if the firm goes bust the folk planting you will have to pay. Martin Lewis was going on about this before Ukraine kicked off so the campaign to tighten up the regulations seems to have quieted down.

Probably best just putting some cash aside in your will or a savings account.

On 07/11/2022 at 06:25, carpetmonster said:

The Hawaiians are still big on it. Spam musubi is like sushi but with a big fuckoff bit of spam instead of fish

A54BB39A-3886-4EE6-BE96-DFD71B0296D5.jpeg

Big throughout the Pacific Islands, apparently - something to do with the American soldiers having so much of it in their rations during the Second World War that they gave it away to the locals. IIRC, Guam has the highest rate of obesity in the world (something mental like 96%), and it's attributed to their love of Spam.

Anyway, in news not related to fatty meatstuffs, I was in the vicinity of a television showing The Chase (or possibly Tipping Point) last week, and overheard a question along the lines of, "in the computer game Curse of Sherwood, who was the character controlled by the player?" Considering Curse of Sherwood is a ZX Spectrum game from the mid-Eighties, and it was fairly obscure at the time, I thought I must have misheard but the answer was "Friar Tuck" which (as @Melanius Mullarkay will know) is correct.

Did anyone else see that episode? Do these shows chuck in bizarre questions like that regularly, just for a laugh?

Edit: it was The Chase - they slipped it in during the opening barrage of questions when the contestant's establishing how much money they're playing for. Pretty sure it was an old episode on Challenge.

Edited by BFTD