Quick Question Thread

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The bizarre thing was how a decent amount of folk actually bought into it and proclaimed that it was definitely value at 60% more expensive than most everything else.

Similar thing happening now with £7 pints of Beavertown.

The only possible way to obtain value out of that was to claim the glass. 

The only possible way to obtain value out of that was to claim the glass. 

kg5c8azqv3671.jpg.822dee9461d3a0e0d59ecf420fd5307e.jpg

Did this in Carlisle a few years ago. Work night out and we walked into a fancy looking place (far too fancy for me certainly) and someone actually asked if we could have a drink or if they would prefer us not to bother given we were a bigger group and they seemed to be more focussed on food. They said to come in. About 2 minutes after we all had a drink (been fleeced) we were asked to quieten down. Arseholes. This combined with the £7 for a half meant the (smart looking) glass was duly bagged.

That'll teach 'em.

The supermarket we go to doesn't sell bottles (at least not of my favourite beers) which is shame because a case is discounted v single bottles.  I get my beers from the house opposite which doubles as a wee store.  They deliver too! 

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I used to live above an offy. We'd put our order in a basket with some cash, lower it down then haul it back up with the product. Moved away a couple months after it opened though.

Just as well maybe.  

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

FORD: Barman, six pints of bitter and quickly. The world’s about to end.

BARMAN: Six pints coming up.

FORD: Keep the change. You got about ten minutes to spend it.

eta: he gave the barman a fiver.

Edited by scottsdad

39 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The Fine Palate Chinese takeaway in Dundee (#rip, #gbnf #flyingwiththeseagulls) used to sell cans as part of its takeaway menu.  

Fantastic move IMO. 

This is a common thing in Italy. Beers, albeit the basic bottles are part of the menu on Deliveroo etc for almost all food deliveries

3 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Quick question - who was the player a few years ago that didn't get picked for scotland (under 21s I think) for not being tall enough or big enough?

Can't remember exact quote or who it was 

Don’t know that one.

I do know that Celtic once got rid of a youth player as they considered him to be too small to make it in football. Last I heard of him, he had since won the English premier league, the Champions league and is currently the Captain of his country!

21 minutes ago, supermik said:

I do know that Celtic once got rid of a youth player as they considered him to be too small to make it in football. Last I heard of him, he had since won the English premier league, the Champions league and is currently the Captain of his country!

Who was this?