Quick Question Thread

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A certain British telecom company, who I have just set up a new contract with yesterday evening, have sent the documentation to a namesake of mine thanks to an email typo on their side (residual in their system from years ago, apparently), which is different to the correct one seen in the current contact details section of my online portal. 

The perplexed namesake individual has kindly phoned me up to highlight their balls-up, but also to inform me that he has been given my:  Name, home phone number (hence the direct call), bank account name, last four digits of account number, full sort code, direct debit ref, internet account number & ID, details of my order and the monthly charges.  The emails he's forwarded me confirm all this.

How many million am I to sue for?  Have you ever had your namesake phone you out of the blue?

Eta: turns out that Gmail has a strange feature whereby if you have the email johnsmith@gmail.com, any email sent to john.smith@ or jo.hn.sm.ith@ will land up in your johnsmith@ inbox. 

I don't know but a workmate got 500 nicker out of the Nationwide for a similar mistake and his details just went to his bidey in rather than a total stranger 

Sue their ass 

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A certain British telecom company, who I have just set up a new contract with yesterday evening, have sent the documentation to a namesake of mine thanks to an email typo on their side (residual in their system from years ago, apparently), which is different to the correct one seen in the current contact details section of my online portal. 

The perplexed namesake individual has kindly phoned me up to highlight their balls-up, but also to inform me that he has been given my:  Name, home phone number (hence the direct call), bank account name, last four digits of account number, full sort code, direct debit ref, internet account number & ID, details of my order and the monthly charges.  The emails he's forwarded me confirm all this.

How many million am I to sue for?  Have you ever had your namesake phone you out of the blue?

Eta: turns out that Gmail has a strange feature whereby if you have the email johnsmith@gmail.com, any email sent to john.smith@ or jo.hn.sm.ith@ will land up in your johnsmith@ inbox. 

A client texted me the other night with a screenshot of a banking transaction showing they had raised some money from the sale of some shares. They said to me “I’ve raised the £55k Shandon (names altered), where would you like me to send the money”.

I replied to tell them they probably texted the wrong Shandon. Could have been a good amount to tuck behind the bar at the next P&B night out.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

One for the Dundonians...what is that strange looking lighting structure on the Forfar Rd near Morrisons?

I have noticed it too. It was put up the day before the Queen's hearse went past. No idea what it is though.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

One for the Dundonians...what is that strange looking lighting structure on the Forfar Rd near Morrisons?

No idea. Only started being erected (lawl) about two weeks ago.

Edit : @johnnydun beat me to it. 

Spoiler

Erect.

Beating it.

Lawl.

Edited by Mr. Alli

It's weird. I enjoy a pint can in a social environment. I can enjoy bottled lager etc sat watching a film. This tinned lager at home thing I just can't get.
The pub (aka the best form of drinking) becomes less of an option following certain life events. At that point, the cans suddenly become more appealing.

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
It's weird. I enjoy a pint can in a social environment. I can enjoy bottled lager etc sat watching a film. This tinned lager at home thing I just can't get.

The pub (aka the best form of drinking) becomes less of an option following certain life events. At that point, the cans suddenly become more appealing.

Aye, as long as you're buying decent cans/bottles.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

£5 pints was a certain life event for me.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

£5 pints was a certain life event for me.

If you are of a certain vintage, youl remember when the only 5 pound pint that really existed was, for some bizarre reason, the odd place you got Peroni on draught. 

Mental how relatively short a time there is between a 5er a pint being utterly outlandish and it being something you don't really bat an eyelid at. 

If you are of a certain vintage, youl remember when the only 5 pound pint that really existed was, for some bizarre reason, the odd place you got Peroni on draught. 

The bizarre thing was how a decent amount of folk actually bought into it and proclaimed that it was definitely value at 60% more expensive than most everything else.

Similar thing happening now with £7 pints of Beavertown.