Quick Question Thread

So, your TV developed a fault with the display, you contacted Toshiba for a repair under warranty, they got you to send the TV to them, they took a look at it and said, "yeah, the display's fucked, so we're not dealing with that", before sending it back with a note confirming it's fucked and a vague missive that you should take it back to where you bought it and maybe they'll do something for you.

Can't say I'll be buying any Toshiba tellies in the near future.

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

So, your TV developed a fault with the display, you contacted Toshiba for a repair under warranty, they got you to send the TV to them, they took a look at it and said, "yeah, the display's fucked, so we're not dealing with that", before sending it back with a note confirming it's fucked and a vague missive that you should take it back to where you bought it and maybe they'll do something for you.

Yep!

It's not a thing I'll be doing again either.

Toshiba is not a good TV brand.
Also, the first port of call should have been where it was purchased from anyway. That's who the contract was with.

When folk say things about a person like "Ach that's no age at all" or "They were too young" of "They had their whole life ahead of them" or similar pish, what is the age limit they mean?

When is it time for a single person to pack it in?

When/how/should someone go about booking in to a Swiss resort? Not a literal booking but one metaphorically just in case

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Toshiba. Got picked up last Thursday (after DPD didn't turn up on Wednesday), I got an e-mail on Tuesday to say they had it and I've heard nothing since.

I had similar with Panasonic tv  - just a line appearing after a week. It got replaced but the new one I got was a bit shit after 6 months and would freeze occasionally, sometimes the volume would crank up and sometimes it would just power off altogether for no reason. It completely stopped working after 4 years and I got an lg replacement for much less and it has been flawless since. I got a Samsung passed down to me recently and it’s not as good as the lg tv either.

Tried looking a bit online but still unsure what my rights are. I’ve got a return flight booked in October with Qatar that has 2 legs each way. They’ve cancelled the legs that would get me to and from my final destination. 

Ideally I’d want to cancel the full thing and get money back. Do I have to accept an offer of a rescheduled flight or can I get a refund?

Tried looking a bit online but still unsure what my rights are. I’ve got a return flight booked in October with Qatar that has 2 legs each way. They’ve cancelled the legs that would get me to and from my final destination. 
Ideally I’d want to cancel the full thing and get money back. Do I have to accept an offer of a rescheduled flight or can I get a refund?
Yes, you can get a full refund, I'm assuming your itinerary starts in the UK (or EU). Doesn't really matter TBF and you're always got the section 75 option if they don't play ball. Don't expect you'll have many issues getting a refund.

26 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Yes, you can get a full refund, I'm assuming your itinerary starts in the UK (or EU). Doesn't really matter TBF and you're always got the section 75 option if they don't play ball. Don't expect you'll have many issues getting a refund.

At first they said they’d offered me a reschedule so if I wanted to cancel then I’d still attract the (utterly scandalously priced) cancellation fee of $195 per person. Eventually wore them down and they agreed that the rescheduled flight times weren’t close enough and they wouldn’t charge me. Still have to apply for the refund like normal, but made sure to get it in writing that there wasn’t any cancellation fee first.

I had a similar thing where KLM wanted to change the times of 2 legs of a 4 flight booking, and it was impossible to cancel the whole thing online. When I finally managed to get hold of someone on the phone I got the full refund after they checked with their manager, but with no quibble.

Blanket TV coverage of the Queen's health and everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon saying that their thoughts and prayers are with her.

Is God counting the prayers like some kind of cosmic crowdfunding thing, and if they don't reach a certain number, she's toast?

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Blanket TV coverage of the Queen's health and everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon saying that their thoughts and prayers are with her.

Is God counting the prayers like some kind of cosmic crowdfunding thing, and if they don't reach a certain number, she's toast?

It's like those old counters on Blue Peter.

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

That's sort of the way it used to work in the mediaeval Catholic church. If you were a rich b*****d you could leave money for a Collegiate church to be established where monks would say prayers for your soul and this would get you time off Purgatory.

There were Collegiate churches in Seton near Prestonpans and Cockburnspath, both in the care of Historic Scotland. 

47 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That's sort of the way it used to work in the mediaeval Catholic church. If you were a rich b*****d you could leave money for a Collegiate church to be established where monks would say prayers for your soul and this would get you time off Purgatory.

There were Collegiate churches in Seton near Prestonpans and Cockburnspath, both in the care of Historic Scotland. 

Big team found?

Anyone got a recommendation for radio stations not just playing sad music or repeating the same news on loop?

All the BBC ones are fucked, and even some commercial stations seem to have discovered Celine Dion dirges......................

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Anyone got a recommendation for radio stations not just playing sad music or repeating the same news on loop?

All the BBC ones are fucked, and even some commercial stations seem to have discovered Celine Dion dirges......................

Double J https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/listen-live/double-j-player/