Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Actually I tried but when I asked directory enquiries for the phone number for the police station in Krakatoa they told me to piss off.

Don't know why.

Your mistake was in asking for the one east of Java.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Your mistake was in asking for the one east of Java.

You've seen that movie too ? I was literally dragged into the ScabbyLaLa cinema at Surgeon's Hall ca. 1968 to watch it (twice in succession) with my mother, who had just had a massive barney with the old man and wanted somewhere to cry in peace.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Six degrees of separation but I knew someone from Malaysia whose granny could remember hearing the Krakatoa explosion as a young girl. 

Geoffrey Holder is in the film- he played Baron Samedi in "Live and Let Die":

43 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You've seen that movie too ? I was literally dragged into the ScabbyLaLa cinema at Surgeon's Hall ca. 1968 to watch it (twice in succession) with my mother, who had just had a massive barney with the old man and wanted somewhere to cry in peace.

No, I've been meaning to watch it for a while, but I just really like the story about how the script was titled 'Krakatoa - West of Java', but the producers thought that 'East of Java' would look better on posters  :lol:

That's a fucking horrible story about your two viewings, however. I hope seeing such a quality picture took your mind off it  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
14 hours ago, Fullerene said:
... and there can't be too many people in Java wearing an Alloa Athletic top although I could be wrong.

Plenty locals wearing Slippy's Forfar tops in Thailand.

And that's why you can often hear shouts of 'Oh Phuket' ringing round Station Park on a Saturday.

On 19/08/2022 at 15:44, Fuctifano said:

Can anyone who has used the music bit of Amazon Prime advise if it's any good? I've got a 6 month free trial , I've got half an eye on binning Spotify if I can listen to the same stuff on AP.

Says it's got 2 million tracks but I guess it depends which 2 million.

I had it. It’s crap. Too much is premium, you need to pay a further subscription to release it. I find Apple Music far better. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who ever asked about Amazon Music, I was fuming witg it earlier when it's Utah Saints playlist finished me with about 8 different version of something good out of about 12 songs

Who knew that they’d done anything other than Something Good?

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who ever asked about Amazon Music, I was fuming witg it earlier when it's Utah Saints playlist furnished me with about 8 different version of something good out of about 12 songs

Problem is it bases its' playlists on what its' users stream, so if users have streamed those 8 versions enough to be in the 'most streamed', they become the playlist. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Who ever asked about Amazon Music, I was fuming witg it earlier when it's Utah Saints playlist furnished me with about 8 different version of something good out of about 12 songs

Herman's Hermits were into that.