Quick Question Thread

55 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Arnica cream is good too. Not sure how it works but I use it on all sorts of bruises, strains etc and have no idea how it can be so effective sometimes. Proper witch stuff.

I'd second this. Works very well on a black eye 

It doesn’t smell or sting like stuff like deep heat or tiger balm. Just an innocuous looking cream you can probably get in chemists. Worth a try on any knocks and strains etc. 
I've used Voltarol and deep heat before but I'll keep my eye out for it.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
5 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
It doesn’t smell or sting like stuff like deep heat or tiger balm. Just an innocuous looking cream you can probably get in chemists. Worth a try on any knocks and strains etc. 

I've used Voltarol and deep heat before but I'll keep my eye out for it.

Don't apply deep heat to your eye, either ocular or Jap's.

Most?
I put that in there as I didn't want to think through every situation. However, you shouldn't do so in Nordic countries as the machine then can't read the bar code and give you money for recycling it.

Was a pain in the arse having bin bags full of non-crushed dreggy cans stinking up the house which needed to be taken down to the supermarket, then spending half an hour feeding them through the machine.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Was a pain in the arse having bin bags full of non-crushed dreggy cans stinking up the house which needed to be taken down to the supermarket, then spending half an hour feeding them through the machine.

Maybe you should have taken them twice a day rather than saving them till next morning

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can you be addicted to plunging cotton buds into your ears? It's like every time I'm in the toilet I'm doing it. 

It's a bad idea anyway, ear wax is good for you, protects the insides from dirt and germs.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can you be addicted to plunging cotton buds into your ears? It's like every time I'm in the toilet I'm doing it. 

Paper clip unfolded to a S shape hooks the wax and pulls it out. It's the main reason I agree to go in to the office.

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I put that in there as I didn't want to think through every situation. However, you shouldn't do so in Nordic countries as the machine then can't read the bar code and give you money for recycling it.

How much did you get per can?

22 hours ago, mathematics said:

Should you crush a can (against the forehead, or otherwise) before placing it in the recycling bin?

I fold the ends in as it prevents spillage of any potential smelly residual dregs that linger in the recycling box/bin even if one rinses the can.  Works best with pint cans over the 440 ml ones.  That's my (perfectly valid) excuse for buying the pint version anyway.  😉