Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The vessel absorbs excess pressure, as water heats up it expands and the vessel takes care of the change.

If left, any over expansion won't be noticed unless it lifts the pressure relief valve, neither of which is ideal but that is their jobs.

Cheers. I've got a friendly local plumber who's well experienced but isn't gas qualified, will he do?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Since you're here, we've got a downstairs gas boiler that fills an upstairs storage tank with hot water. Had a regular boiler service and the guy said the expansion vessel above the storage tank is full of water but it's not covered by our policy. He said he was going to get back to the company to see if he could sort something out, but we haven't heard anything since. I think it's the first time anyone's actually checked the storage tank for about a decade, so it's probably been like that for years. What's the worst that could happen? Should I get it sorted ASAP or wait for the next service to get it fixed?

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

F**k me, can some kind Mod kill The Gender Debate thread with fire please.I would rather read OF whataboutery than that nonsense.

Good faith questions being asked by men who are deeply and genuinely concerned with feminist issues IMO.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Good faith questions being asked by men who are deeply and genuinely concerned with feminist issues IMO.

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Well, yes, that is precisely why it must be killed with fire. I'm not allowed to comment further.

48 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Well, yes, that is precisely why it must be killed with fire. I'm not allowed to comment further.

Blimey.

#freethemoominone

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Blimey.

#freethemoominone

No drama, Dave of indeterminate weight,on one hand I am humbled that Ralstonite can take time out from counting all his money & being an expert on everything to Educate all us plebs. On the other hand, given his alleged Shopkeeping past, I am given to wonder who he is, as I was the Manager of the biggest (and thankfully for me, the only)Wholesale outlet in Paisley for a few years in the mid Noughties (gads), and I am just wondering who he is.

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What or where is this the flag of?

B1122DD3-430D-42D7-8D1B-D6B52D6538EB.jpeg

It could be, and this is quite obscure, the flag of the blue team in the sport of water jousting in the town of Sete, near Montpellier.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

It was flying above the DC Thomson offices yesterday so any of the above could be right I suppose.

Except for the Scottish flag - they wouldn't do that.

39 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

It was flying above the DC Thomson offices yesterday so any of the above could be right I suppose.

It's the 'Betsy Norrie', an old maritime flag and a nod to the Thomson shipping line of the 19th C.