Quick Question Thread

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

My next door neighbour was the same with his oldest kids passport,it turned up with 7 days to spare.He fast tracked it and it worked,he did however make 3 trips to the Glasgow pasport office in Milton Street.

I'll be willing to make said trips if given the chance!! 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, shiting it a bit now like. Hopefully Jet2 will let me rebook for later or something if it comes to it

If you need the number she called drop me a line I'll see her on Monday.

Hope it it doesn't come to moving the holiday about but if it's does hope Jet2 are sound about it.

A bird has flown in the back door and taken up residence in my dining room.   Despite opening all the windows and patio doors it’s showing no signs of fucking off.

image.thumb.jpeg.a89eab333694cb147645a10beee63cd5.jpeg

Any ideas how I get rid of the wee flapper?  It’s freezing and I want to shut the doors and windows.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

A bird has flown in the back door and taken up residence in my dining room.   Despite opening all the windows and patio doors it’s showing no signs of fucking off.

Any ideas how I get rid of the wee flapper?  It’s freezing and I want to shut the doors and windows.

Just let it stay, you miserable c**t.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Get a sparrowhawk 

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

image.jpeg.544ad55c6605678c15cb65bee6fd03cf.jpeg

Accept your fate and bow down to your new winged overlord.

58 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Away out and buy a cat. That should do the trick. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

@Sergeant Wilson is yer man here. He'll pop round and add your feathered friend to his growing army of winged assailants 

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

@Sergeant Wilson is yer man here. He'll pop round and add your feathered friend to his growing army of winged assailants 

Aye, a few unsalted peanuts in a trail to the door should fix it.

I'd keep it, but my wife has already raised concern about my relationship with the corvids.

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Obviously it will not let you touch it. 

However if you get a chance to throw a towel over it, that will calm it down and you then be able to pick it up - with the towel ensuring you do not touch it directly.

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

Set fire to the house, it's a win,win.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Set fire to the house, it's a win,win.

Since you're here, we've got a downstairs gas boiler that fills an upstairs storage tank with hot water. Had a regular boiler service and the guy said the expansion vessel above the storage tank is full of water but it's not covered by our policy. He said he was going to get back to the company to see if he could sort something out, but we haven't heard anything since. I think it's the first time anyone's actually checked the storage tank for about a decade, so it's probably been like that for years. What's the worst that could happen? Should I get it sorted ASAP or wait for the next service to get it fixed?

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Since you're here, we've got a downstairs gas boiler that fills an upstairs storage tank with hot water. Had a regular boiler service and the guy said the expansion vessel above the storage tank is full of water but it's not covered by our policy. He said he was going to get back to the company to see if he could sort something out, but we haven't heard anything since. I think it's the first time anyone's actually checked the storage tank for about a decade, so it's probably been like that for years. What's the worst that could happen? Should I get it sorted ASAP or wait for the next service to get it fixed?

I'm assuming it's an unvented hot water cylinder you're referring to, the expansion vessel is inexpensive and can be easily replaced, however, the person doing the work 'should' be qualified to do so.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm assuming it's an unvented hot water cylinder you're referring to, the expansion vessel is inexpensive and can be easily replaced, however, the person doing the work 'should' be qualified to do so.

Thanks. Presumably a normal plumber would do, one who isn't gas qualified, CORGI or whatever they call it now? What's the risk in leaving it as it is for now?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thanks. Presumably a normal plumber would do, one who isn't gas qualified, CORGI or whatever they call it now? What's the risk in leaving it as it is for now?

The vessel absorbs excess pressure, as water heats up it expands and the vessel takes care of the change.

If left, any over expansion won't be noticed unless it lifts the pressure relief valve, neither of which is ideal but that is their jobs.