Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

While you are in here, I just had my first head to head with TalkTalk. I prevailed to the tune of one free Eero router. 

Bairnardo 1 - TalkTalks shite customer service 0

I think they sent me three new routers during the time my phone line was faulty. Useless c***s.

My Auntie and Uncle had a bake potato van, that they took to many Highland games, festivals etc....

It was ace and always busy as f**k.

My favourite was potato, macaroni cheese and coleslaw. 

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

My Auntie and Uncle had a bake potato van, that they took to many Highland games, festivals etc....

It was ace and always busy as f**k.

My favourite was potato, macaroni cheese and coleslaw. 

You had potato on your potato?

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

I am still somewhat bemused by the chippy in the South Side of Glasgow that appeared to advertise a chip supper on their menu board.

There used to be a chippy here that had prices listed for singles and suppers. Fair enough, but a supper consisted of your fish/sausage/whatever with a mountain of chips, while a single was your main with a standard size portion of chips.

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There used to be a chippy here that had prices listed for singles and suppers. Fair enough, but a supper consisted of your fish/sausage/whatever with a mountain of chips, while a single was your main with a standard size portion of chips.

My kind of chippy.

17 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Single comes with chips? Around these parts single, as the name suggests, means sausage/fish or whatever sans chips, and supper to have them included.

First time I ordered in a chippy down south (Blackpool), in an inebriated state, I fucked it. My mate and I both wanted sausage suppers, but as that's not a term they use, I asked for 2 sausage and chips. Was handed one package containing 2 sausages and one portion of chips. When I pointed out what I actually wanted was told in rather huffy fashion that that wasn't '2 sausage and chips', but rather 'sausage and chips, twice'. Just get on board with the 'supper' patter and save yourself the hassle of explaining this shit to pished Scottish guys, ffs.

5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Single comes with chips? Around these parts single, as the name suggests, means sausage/fish or whatever sans chips, and supper to have them included.

First time I ordered in a chippy down south (Blackpool), in an inebriated state, I fucked it. My mate and I both wanted sausage suppers, but as that's not a term they use, I asked for 2 sausage and chips. Was handed one package containing 2 sausages and one portion of chips. When I pointed out what I actually wanted was told in rather huffy fashion that that wasn't '2 sausage and chips', but rather 'sausage and chips, twice'. Just get on board with the 'supper' patter and save yourself the hassle of explaining this shit to pished Scottish guys, ffs.

Aye, that's why I found it so odd. But why complain, considering their prices were good too.

Suppers are a Scottish thing, but people in England think we do all sorts of weird pagan heathenistic shit at chip shops! And, to be fair, they're not wrong.

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Serves you right for going to Favelapool.

The question is.........................did you get your hole ?

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Go on ...

Tony's. 

Run by a boy married onto Kerr's sister. Probably where he got the cooking oil from to lather himself in outside the Cutty. (Which has just reopened btw)

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Tony's. 

Run by a boy married onto Kerr's sister. Probably where he got the cooking oil from to lather himself in outside the Cutty. (Which has just reopened btw)

I knew another sister. George nailed her into a coffin for a laugh

During a passport application, apparently if you have been waiting 10 weeks from submitting your documents, you can speed the process up. Does anyone know what the speeding up process entails? Like do they allow you to pay more to get it within a certain time after that date? 

I'm getting uncomfortably close to the wire waiting on one of the kids passport, and the ten week date is like a week before we go away

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

During a passport application, apparently if you have been waiting 10 weeks from submitting your documents, you can speed the process up. Does anyone know what the speeding up process entails? Like do they allow you to pay more to get it within a certain time after that date? 

I'm getting uncomfortably close to the wire waiting on one of the kids passport, and the ten week date is like a week before we go away

I think you can phone them up, although might not make much of a difference a girl at my work waited 16 weeks and missed her holiday, nightmare. 

Hope it comes through soon!

Just now, 101 said:

I think you can phone them up, although might not make much of a difference a girl at my work waited 16 weeks and missed her holiday, nightmare. 

Hope it comes through soon!

Aye, shiting it a bit now like. Hopefully Jet2 will let me rebook for later or something if it comes to it

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My next door neighbour was the same with his oldest kids passport,it turned up with 7 days to spare.He fast tracked it and it worked,he did however make 3 trips to the Glasgow pasport office in Milton Street.