Quick Question Thread

48 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Pretty much this. Not sure why me. 

If you take the gig do you automatically get the right to use one of those Royal ‘By Appointment to HMQ’ Warrants? Stickers on the side of the van, letterheaded quotations, etc? Should mean you can now charge a tasty premium for all those pesky Monarchists out there. I’d suggest stocking up on the red white and blue paint though. 

27 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Aye, but do you do it….?

Many years ago, when I took up service to Her Majesty, a wise mentor took me under his wing. He advised that the work of Her Majesty is never done.

I have applied that wisdom throughout my career.

8 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Turned onto Princes Street this morning by mistake after an early morning Waverly Station drop off - can I expect a fine?

(Turned left at the Mound, realised my mistake, then spun round at the next lights)

I dont think so, it is bus / tram / bike only there but I dont think there are actually any cameras at that spot anyway.

eta - when you say drop off, if you are a taxi you are fine as they are allowed.

Edited by Leith Green

54 minutes ago, Empty It said:

If I bought a "print at home" ticket for a gig would the barcode in the email on my phone be fine or do I actually need to print the ticket?

If it's a QR code rather than a barcode it should be fine, but it should say on the email. Got a ferry recently where they said you had to print it because the scanners couldn't read the code off a phone.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I dont think so, it is bus / tram / bike only there but I dont think there are actually any cameras at that spot anyway.

eta - when you say drop off, if you are a taxi you are fine as they are allowed.

Ta, I didn't see any cameras so guessing I'm ok.

(Not a taxi - I was dropping off a relative for an early train)

If it's a QR code rather than a barcode it should be fine, but it should say on the email. Got a ferry recently where they said you had to print it because the scanners couldn't read the code off a phone.
Turns out it's a QR code and is fine to just be read off the phone thankfully.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Technically I “work” for all of you.

Suckers.

If 'at's eh case, dee some OT the morn n' fix my gairden wa'. The tap steens hiv become wobbly.

Spoiler

I have absolutely no idea why I have written that in an Aberdonian accent.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Technically I “work” for all of you.

Suckers.

On behalf of all of us I’d like to thank you for all your effort in those five minutes a week that you’re not posting on here.

Mind you if the quality of the work is anything like the quality of your posts then I take it back.