Quick Question Thread

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, he's paid the chunt, don't tell me he can walk away with the money, and ebay does f**k all.

Thanks for the info.

No, he'll get the money back, although I'm not sure on the procedure since eBay started handling the payments themselves. It was pretty easy through PayPal, and (annoyingly, if you were a seller) there was virtually nothing you could do to stop buyers from demanding a refund and getting it.

In theory, it should be even easier now, as eBay holds the payment for a few days, so it should be pretty straightforward to get the money back before they get to touch it. You can report them here, although I'm guessing eBay won't do much other than issue a refund.

What's the guy's feedback like, out of curiosity? I got negative feedback recently from some c**t who literally tried to blackmail me into getting an item for free, and all I got was a digital shrug from eBay about it. Didn't give a shit about my complaint, and wouldn't remove the feedback. I noticed I wasn't the only seller who'd left a warning about them in the replies either, but they're still a member in good standing as far as eBay's concerned.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Fire round to the c**t's pad, chop his nether regions off and sell them back to the p***k framed . 

Aye, I sometimes think that people are way too laid back about trying to rip people off on eBay, considering that you've got their name, address, and phone number. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some kind of 'eBay revenge' Facebook group or something. Worst I've ever had was some fruitcake in Vietnam who barraged me with trojans and late-night phone calls for a few weeks because, six months after buying, I didn't keep a game he won the auction on and that he never paid for. I assume that's the reason they hide your email address these days.

I once got ripped off on eBay, which I really should have seen coming, but I had their bank details. Every time one of those clipboard-weilding charity muggers approached me on Sauchiehall St I gladly signed them up to a direct debit for WWF, Save the Children, whatever.

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Fire round to the c**t's pad, chop his nether regions off and sell them back to the p***k framed . 

Good shout, I'll put the cat on a lead for 'back up'.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I once got ripped off on eBay, which I really should have seen coming, but I had their bank details. Every time one of those clipboard-weilding charity muggers approached me on Sauchiehall St I gladly signed them up to a direct debit for WWF, Save the Children, whatever.

Conan Obrian Applause GIF

16 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How do I go about getting an NHS dentist? 

I was private but I cancelled that and now whoever I phone aren't accepting NHS (I have only tried three, tbf). 

Do I just need to keep phoning them until somebody says "Aye" or is there somewhere I can go and see ones with availability?

f**k phoning round loads.

If it's an emergency can you not call Dundee Dental Hospital and get some 1st year students to have a go...

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/guides/get-treatment-dundee-dental-hospital

Yes, you can sign up and just for routine stuff.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Anyone else been asked to do some work for The Queen? 

54 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Yup.

Ok, I’ll bite. Details? 

Guess 1: she wants a panelled wall painted in a fetching shade of olive green?

Guess 2: she asked you to w**k off His Nonciness?