Quick Question Thread

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Large square of clingfilm.  Smear it with oil using a square of kitchen roll then out it in a wine glass.  Drop the shelled egg into the glass and make a little parcel.  Drop said parcel into boiling water and 3ish minutes later you have perfectly poached eggs.  No mess.

I’m going to give that a go. I love poached eggs but always lose about half of them in the water.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m going to give that a go. I love poached eggs but always lose about half of them in the water.

Poached egg and smoked haddock is popular with my crew.  This wasn't the vid I learned from but gives you the idea:

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Large square of clingfilm.  Smear it with oil using a square of kitchen roll then out it in a wine glass.  Drop the shelled egg into the glass and make a little parcel.  Drop said parcel into boiling water and 3ish minutes later you have perfectly poached eggs.  No mess.

Does the cling film not get stuck in your teeth?

It's the tiny shinguards I can't get my head around, it's like they're hiding 20 Club down their sock. I'm sure it's scientifically sound but in my playing days a shinguard looked like a prosthetic limb 
image.thumb.jpeg.e6b541c9f79c3213f6da7f7fb3fe60f4.jpeg
image.jpeg.7df12d2c0f746c0d019136d3faf4533f.jpeg

You wouldna want to be playing shinty in those wee things!

Anyone use any free VPN services? I'm not tech savvy but I need to watch something that's exclusive to "Hulu" and not sure how to go about it. 
Try the e chat question thread. I have a couple of free vpn's...Turbo and some other but I rarely use them although they do seem to work OK. They offer about 5 or so servers around the world but don't allow P2P downloading.

On here, when was the shift from PMs being referred to as DMs?  The HR thread is the first I've seen of the latter, and I feel that I've gone through some form of timewarp.

On 26/05/2022 at 06:37, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Anyone use any free VPN services? I'm not tech savvy but I need to watch something that's exclusive to "Hulu" and not sure how to go about it. 

If it's animated use watchcartoononline.com - direct streaming of everything animated ever made pretty much, from Speedy Gonzales to Bojack. No VPN needed. 

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

On here, when was the shift from PMs being referred to as DMs?  The HR thread is the first I've seen of the latter, and I feel that I've gone through some form of timewarp.

You're looking for the Personnel Department. HTH. :)

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If it's animated use watchcartoononline.com - direct streaming of everything animated ever made pretty much, from Speedy Gonzales to Bojack. No VPN needed. 

Nah don't really watch any cartoons aside from South Park occasionally. I managed to get some fileshare app thing and watch it though but cheers anyway. 

Is Hulu big in the US?