Quick Question Thread

Remember those daft plastic clips the players used to wear on their nose.
Allegedly helped open up the nasal airways. Robbie Fowler was a proponent of their use.
I suspect the sock cutting fad will go the same way as the plastic nose clips.

It's the tiny shinguards I can't get my head around, it's like they're hiding 20 Club down their sock. I'm sure it's scientifically sound but in my playing days a shinguard looked like a prosthetic limb 

image.thumb.jpeg.e6b541c9f79c3213f6da7f7fb3fe60f4.jpeg

image.jpeg.7df12d2c0f746c0d019136d3faf4533f.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It's the tiny shinguards I can't get my head around, it's like they're hiding 20 Club down their sock. I'm sure it's scientifically sound but in my playing days a shinguard looked like a prosthetic limb 

Young pup.

Shin pads like that came about well past my playing days.  Big inflexible hunks of plastic that were stuffed down your sock when I was young.

36 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It's his mobile in case he needs to phone his agent.

If one of them took the minus offer I'd definitely be delighted beating them.

If all the contestants took a minus offer and won and then won the final chase would they have to pay the Chaser?

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

See also The Chasers. If someone has earned 75k by themselves and got 18 questions right at the end I wouldn't have the heart to beat them - unless they offered me 10% of the total in which case I'd be ruthless emoji38.png

I suppose they may well keep count of their victories behind closed doors and have their own personal pride to play for which is probably more important to them than cash incentives.

What does it say about daytime television that you can be very knowledgeable about a lot of things but end up with nothing whereas you can appear on Noel Edmond's Deal or No Deal where you don't need to know anything but you are still guaranteed to win at least 1p?

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

What does it say about daytime television that you can be very knowledgeable about a lot of things but end up with nothing whereas you can appear on Noel Edmond's Deal or No Deal where you don't need to know anything but you are still guaranteed to win at least 1p?

Been a while since you've been unemployed, I take it?

11 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I bet he has never used a folded Glasgow Herald for shin pads.

11 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I thought those tiny ones were for players who dont want to wear any at all to satisfy the rules that say they must?

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
19 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:
They're scum. They're probably on decent wages and they're celebrating denying some poor contestants thousands of pounds. 

It wouldn't be much of a show if they let them win tbf.

There's good evidence of this. The celebrity/charity chase is unwatchable because of the extended contestant banter and the hugely unconvincing attempts to chuck it. 

On 23/05/2022 at 12:34, 19QOS19 said:
On 22/05/2022 at 00:30, The_Kincardine said:
Poaching eggs by wrapping them in clingfilm then dropping them in boiling water is a game changer.  Means you never have to do the 'swirl the water with a drop of vinegar' shite again.
BUT anyone who thinks that poached eggs go with avocado is a wrong 'un.

How do you do that? Put the clingfilm in a bowl then crack the egg into it?

Large square of clingfilm.  Smear it with oil using a square of kitchen roll then out it in a wine glass.  Drop the shelled egg into the glass and make a little parcel.  Drop said parcel into boiling water and 3ish minutes later you have perfectly poached eggs.  No mess.