Quick Question Thread

8 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Does anyone remember a UK series from the 70s or 80's that was similar to the twilight zone?

A particular episode was one where a man had a machine that could let him hear the screams of plants as he cut them. He took an axe to a tree and he heard it groan through earphones.

Tales of the Unexpected ?

Or maybe Hammer House of Horror ?

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

Tales of the Unexpected ?

Or maybe Hammer House of Horror ?

Dont think so. I loooked at all the episodes and nothing matches.

The man had some little snowdrops and he could here them squeal when he cut their heads off and i think when he chopped the tree a branch fell off and smashed his machine.

I was about to say Tales of the Unexpected - I downloaded all the episodes a while back and went on a nostalgic journey back to childhood.

It's remarkably shite and Roald Dahl was an absolute ghoul. I wouldn't have left him alone with my dog for two minutes.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does anyone understand a word of the Bitcoin thread?

I thought the site had been hacked again and it was just being pelted with random words. I'm still laughing at the discussion about Bored Ape brand, whatever that is, though.

5 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Does anyone remember a UK series from the 70s or 80's that was similar to the twilight zone?

A particular episode was one where a man had a machine that could let him hear the screams of plants as he cut them. He took an axe to a tree and he heard it groan through earphones.

I remember that episode. Freaked you out as kid as well? 

On 10/05/2022 at 15:59, welshbairn said:

Chop Suey means throw any old shite in a hot wok with a dash of sauce and the drunken gweilo will pay you for it.

When Graeme Souness was sacked as Liverpool manager the tabloid headline was "Chop Souey" 

I was about to say Tales of the Unexpected - I downloaded all the episodes a while back and went on a nostalgic journey back to childhood.
It's remarkably shite and Roald Dahl was an absolute ghoul. I wouldn't have left him alone with my dog for two minutes.
I think some of the stories are decent but it obviously looks very dated now. Still watchable mind you.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 hours ago, BFTD said:

I think some of the stories are decent but it obviously looks very dated now. Still watchable mind you.

Aye, sorry, that reads a bit like I didn't enjoy it. It's shite, but enjoyable shite.

The weirdest episodes are the ones where there's a staggeringly obvious "twist" coming right from the start, but they play it as though you couldn't possibly have seen it coming  :lol:

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

The weirdest episodes are the ones where there's a staggeringly obvious "twist" coming right from the start, but they play it as though you couldn't possibly have seen it coming  

When the programme was first on there was another show which ripped the piss out of it with a sketch called 'Tales of Much as You Expected' with somebody (Peter Cook springs to mind) as Roald Dahl sitting in the armchair doing the introduction. Then a burning coal fell out of the fireplace and set light to the room.

Speaking of Roald Dahl, his granddaughter Sophie tried to start a crowdfunding to raise money to preserve the shed where he did his writing for the nation. It was pointed out that she was a writer and former fashion model who wasn't short of a bob or two and didn't need to scrounge cash off others. The crowdfunding was quietly dropped.

9 minutes ago, GordonD said:

When the programme was first on there was another show which ripped the piss out of it with a sketch called 'Tales of Much as You Expected' with somebody (Peter Cook springs to mind) as Roald Dahl sitting in the armchair doing the introduction. Then a burning coal fell out of the fireplace and set light to the room.

Found it  :lol:

After watching those intros, you wouldn't be surprised to find out that Dahl was a jobby-munching budgie strangler, and I don't think it was an act.

Hi guys,

Anyone ever had issues getting back into their Facebook account?

I was randomly kicked out and couldn’t remember my password. The email I signed up with no longer exists and neither does the phone number so registered with.

I did manage to link it to my new email address and change the password but it’s now asking me about a two way authentication code to get back in. I thought I’d got around that by having them email me and they then said I needed to upload some ID, which made sense so they could tell it was me.

Anyway, it won’t let me submit my ID now! Comes up with an error message saying I can’t use that feature.

Am I best just fucking it off!? Or can you contact Facebook some other way like via email? I can’t seem to find an address.

I wouldn’t be that bothered for losing it but one of the pages to my band is attached to my account so would be disappointed to lose that.

Any help appreciated!

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Does anyone have an automatic lawn mower and if so would you recommend? I saw this one in b and q for £300 sheets 

69890154-AB05-4105-AAB8-5BEF56B6426E.jpeg

I just bought a cordless mower from them, same brand, and it's flimsy plastic tat, don't expect it'll last long but it does the job for now.