Quick Question Thread

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think it's only right that we look the other way from minor sexual assaults, harassment and bullying if it keeps the price of beer down.

Are you a Clyde supporter?

On 08/05/2022 at 15:59, DA Baracus said:

Regular stuff like Disco Forklift or Punk IPA are cheap enough. It's about a fiver for a pack of 4 cans of the latter, and pretty sure Disco Forklift sells for under £2 a can.

The cans are also 330ml are they not? No idea why anyone would opt for that, other than they're more discreet for the sake of street drinking.

51 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

The cans are also 330ml are they not? No idea why anyone would opt for that, other than they're more discreet for the sake of street drinking.

Aye, regular sized cans.

On 08/05/2022 at 19:06, Hedgecutter said:

In Thunderbirds, and as the only woman on an island in the arse end of the Pacific Ocean, how much of a pumping would Tin-Tin have taken off the Tracy brothers?  I'd imagine that an organisation comprised largely of the same close family would add a level of ethical complexity.  If Jeff (the dad/boss) had got in first, would the brothers have got in at all (or vice versa)?

... and more to the point, should/if had she got up the duff, would she be able to work out which one of the brothers was the father, even with a DNA test?  

This is assuming that Tin-Tin is straight of course.  Fairly sure that Lady Penelope made frequent visits.

Eta: and being based up in space by himself, how sexually frustrated (and f***ed up in general) must John have been?

Despite being called "Brains" the Thunderbirds engineer is puzzled by a device he found under her bed

brains.thumb.jpg.2c3206fa394a4386310c3c78beeb93ff.jpg

In Thunderbirds, and as the only woman on an island in the arse end of the Pacific Ocean, how much of a pumping would Tin-Tin have taken off the Tracy brothers?  I'd imagine that an organisation comprised largely of the same close family would add a level of ethical complexity.  If Jeff (the dad/boss) had got in first, would the brothers have got in at all (or vice versa)?

... and more to the point, should/if had she got up the duff, would she be able to work out which one of the brothers was the father, even with a DNA test?  

This is assuming that Tin-Tin is straight of course.  Fairly sure that Lady Penelope made frequent visits.

Eta: and being based up in space by himself, how sexually frustrated (and f***ed up in general) must John have been?

I take it you were too young to watch some of the raunchier episodes of Thunderbirds.  Late night viewing.

In any case  they may be on a remote island in the Pacific but Thunderbird 1 can fly at 15,000 mph - 3 times faster than Thunderbird 2 - but not as fast as Thunderbird 3.  Pretty easy to visit any damsel in distress within minutes if they want to.

Why do you think they always look so legless?

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
Chopsticks. You don't use them to chop food and they're of no use with a chop, so why are they called chopsticks?

Chop is Cantonese pidgin for quick. As in "chop chop".

Excellent, thanks. That has really bothered me more than it should have!

Why there aren't more women on Tracy Island.

Why do American cars always move after they've been parked?
You see countless TV shows and movies where the driver stops the car and before they can get out it moves, sometimes backwards, sometimes forwards.
What's that all about?
I thought about this exact thing yesterday, bizarrely. What set it off is I parked on a hill and checked the car stopped in gear before I applied the handbrake. I then wondered if that's why American cars do what you described. Given they're mainly automatic then I doubt that is indeed the reason.

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You see countless TV shows and movies where the driver stops the car and before they can get out it moves, sometimes backwards, sometimes forwards.

What's that all about?

Is it not because they are mostly automatic & the shift from drive / reverse into park engages the clutch slightly? Or it could be absolute bullshit! 

Dont know if this has been covered in another thread elsewhere but has anyone got the inside info as to the identity of the speaker who caused a stooshie at the Sports Writers Awards dinner the other night?

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Dont know if this has been covered in another thread elsewhere but has anyone got the inside info as to the identity of the speaker who caused a stooshie at the Sports Writers Awards dinner the other night?

Terrible Journalism thread on the Premiership forum. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

What's that all about?

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
What's that all about?

I thought about this exact thing yesterday, bizarrely. What set it off is I parked on a hill and checked the car stopped in gear before I applied the handbrake. I then wondered if that's why American cars do what you described. Given they're mainly automatic then I doubt that is indeed the reason.

The cars are automatic transmission and Americans are lazy.

Put an auto car in Park and it’ll wheel round until it locks the transmission and unless you’re on a really steep gradient that’s enough to stop it rolling away. Therefore, in generally flat America, most just stick it in park and don’t bother involving the handbrake which instead stops the car by the brakes. 

(I’ve also got great chat for dinner parties if anyone finds themselves a guest short. 👍)

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

The cars are automatic transmission and Americans are lazy.

Put an auto car in Park and it’ll wheel round until it locks the transmission and unless you’re on a really steep gradient that’s enough to stop it rolling away. Therefore, in generally flat America, most just stick it in park and don’t bother involving the handbrake which instead stops the car by the brakes. 

(I’ve also got great chat for dinner parties if anyone finds themselves a guest short. 👍)

I'd ask you, but you support Rangers, so I won't.

Does anyone remember a UK series from the 70s or 80's that was similar to the twilight zone?

A particular episode was one where a man had a machine that could let him hear the screams of plants as he cut them. He took an axe to a tree and he heard it groan through earphones.