Quick Question Thread

23 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Possibly more a question for the Aberdeen thread, but what's a good snack to feed to a sheep?

Went to feed some swans yesterday, who seem to love bread, and had some carrots for a horse, but I got ambushed by a ram who wasn't keen on the latter. He loved the bread, though, but I've no idea if that's good for them and might as well be prepared if it happens again.

I know bread's not great for birds either BTW, but I've tried taking a variety of seeds, nuts, and other shite for the swans and they don't touch it. They will, however, mug a small child for a sandwich. One of the arseholes started pecking me on the head yesterday for having the cheek to run out  :rolleyes:

Chips cheese and donner IMO

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Chips cheese and donner IMO

Well, the fermers were feeding them the spinal cords of their own comrades for years, so why not?

On 05/05/2022 at 20:11, DiegoDiego said:

I'm not really one for drinking beer at home, but I had a look at the prices in Tesco today. Drygate and Brewdog offerings were more than twice as expensive as those from the likes of Orkney and Inveralmond. Why on earth would anyone pay so much for them?

What percentage were they? Mind that stronger alcohol costs more now.

Regular stuff like Disco Forklift or Punk IPA are cheap enough. It's about a fiver for a pack of 4 cans of the latter, and pretty sure Disco Forklift sells for under £2 a can.

Possibly more a question for the Aberdeen thread, but what's a good snack to feed to a sheep?
Went to feed some swans yesterday, who seem to love bread, and had some carrots for a horse, but I got ambushed by a ram who wasn't keen on the latter. He loved the bread, though, but I've no idea if that's good for them and might as well be prepared if it happens again.
I know bread's not great for birds either BTW, but I've tried taking a variety of seeds, nuts, and other shite for the swans and they don't touch it. They will, however, mug a small child for a sandwich. One of the arseholes started pecking me on the head yesterday for having the cheek to run out  :rolleyes:
Saw someone on telly the other day about feeding ducks and swans etc who suggested defrosted frozen peas as well as nuts and seeds.

15 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Saw someone on telly the other day about feeding ducks and swans etc who suggested defrosted frozen peas as well as nuts and seeds.

Not frozen then? 

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Worth a try. They don't seem to like anything small and enjoy pulling apart slices of bread between them. They just give my piles of seeds and fruit a cursory peck before marching off back into the lake  :(

Maybe they're just that used to pinching people's sandwiches now.

Must admit, I didn't expect the swans would get all the attention here, considering the opportunity for sheep-shagging accusations.

In Thunderbirds, and as the only woman on an island in the arse end of the Pacific Ocean, how much of a pumping would Tin-Tin have taken off the Tracy brothers?  I'd imagine that an organisation comprised largely of the same close family would add a level of ethical complexity.  If Jeff (the dad/boss) had got in first, would the brothers have got in at all (or vice versa)?

... and more to the point, should/if had she got up the duff, would she be able to work out which one of the brothers was the father, even with a DNA test?  

This is assuming that Tin-Tin is straight of course.  Fairly sure that Lady Penelope made frequent visits.

Eta: and being based up in space by himself, how sexually frustrated (and f***ed up in general) must John have been?

Edited by Hedgecutter

What percentage were they? Mind that stronger alcohol costs more now.
Regular stuff like Disco Forklift or Punk IPA are cheap enough. It's about a fiver for a pack of 4 cans of the latter, and pretty sure Disco Forklift sells for under £2 a can.
Good question, sir. They did have the beer split into three sections: loose bottles (inc. Inveralmond & Orkney stuff), multipacks of megacorp subsidiaries output, and loose cans (inc. Drygate and Brewdog). The loose bottles (~£1.70 for 500ml) were generally half the price of the loose cans (~£3 for 330/400ml).

I have a day off tomorrow so will investigate and report back with abv info. Stay tuned for updates...

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

In Thunderbirds, and as the only woman on an island in the arse end of the Pacific Ocean, how much of a pumping would Tin-Tin would have taken off the Tracy brothers?

You're forgetting about Grandma - possibly Tin-Tin's dad Kyrano was getting his hole there.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Worth a try. They don't seem to like anything small and enjoy pulling apart slices of bread between them. They just give my piles of seeds and fruit a cursory peck before marching off back into the lake  :(

Maybe they're just that used to pinching people's sandwiches now.

Chunks of tatties or neeps for the swans, and your arse is probably what the ram's after. 

Edited by welshbairn

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

In Thunderbirds, and as the only woman on an island in the arse end of the Pacific Ocean, how much of a pumping would Tin-Tin would have taken off the Tracy brothers?  I'd imagine that an organisation comprised largely of the same close family would add a level of ethical complexity.  If Jeff (the dad/boss) had got in first, would the brothers have got in at all (or vice versa)?

... and more to the point, should/if had she got up the duff, would she be able to work out which one of the brothers was the father, even with a DNA test?  

This is assuming that Tin-Tin is straight of course.  Fairly sure that Lady Penelope made frequent visits.

giphy.webp

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

In Thunderbirds, and as the only woman on an island in the arse end of the Pacific Ocean, how much of a pumping would Tin-Tin have taken off the Tracy brothers?  I'd imagine that an organisation comprised largely of the same close family would add a level of ethical complexity.  If Jeff (the dad/boss) had got in first, would the brothers have got in at all (or vice versa)?

Eta: and being based up in space by himself, how sexually frustrated (and f***ed up in general) must John have been?

That must have been some eccie. 

On 05/05/2022 at 20:11, DiegoDiego said:

I'm not really one for drinking beer at home, but I had a look at the prices in Tesco today. Drygate and Brewdog offerings were more than twice as expensive as those from the likes of Orkney and Inveralmond. Why on earth would anyone pay so much for them?

Watt must think he is out the woods on all the sex pesting stories then.

When they broke, all the Brewdog stuff was marked down in most of my local shops, presumably trying to get rid ahead of any law suits etc.

I see he is giving away shares and profitsharing the bar profits with staff this week, perhaps he is now rehabilitated in the eyes of his staff............

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Watt must think he is out the woods on all the sex pesting stories then.

When they broke, all the Brewdog stuff was marked down in most of my local shops, presumably trying to get rid ahead of any law suits etc.

I see he is giving away shares and profitsharing the bar profits with staff this week, perhaps he is now rehabilitated in the eyes of his staff............

I think it's only right that we look the other way from minor sexual assaults, harassment and bullying if it keeps the price of beer down.