Quick Question Thread

I believe it can be minefield, with questions about owning/renting/tarrifs/grants etc etc, but if one were looking at getting some solar panels, primarily as a protection against future energy nightmares, and to save money in the long run wheres the best place to look?

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I believe it can be minefield, with questions about owning/renting/tarrifs/grants etc etc, but if one were looking at getting some solar panels, primarily as a protection against future energy nightmares, and to save money in the long run wheres the best place to look?

On the roof.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Maybe happens more than we think but due to the policy of not giving them camera time we are oblivious. None will ever beat Erica Roe anyway.

Thinking about the police standing in the middle of a packed Twickenham  using two English-style police helmets as modesty covers for her giant bosom still raises a smile.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Find a local sparky that fits them and is MCS certified.  They generally tend to be cheaper.

https://mcscertified.com/find-an-installer/

Edited by Left Back

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Gavin Masterton tried to get some solar panels installed on the roof of East End but we failed the credit check.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm working with a couple of people in their mid 20s who both keep ending their emails with:

Best,

[insert name]

Best what? Is this a thing now? 😕

It is short for "Best of luck understanding what I have just said here and I hope I don't come across as a rambling idiot who really has no idea about anything".

9 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

It is short for "Best of luck understanding what I have just said here and I hope I don't come across as a rambling idiot who really has no idea about anything".

No, no.  I fully understand your post. 

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm working with a couple of people in their mid 20s who both keep ending their emails with:

Best,

[insert name]

Best what? Is this a thing now? 😕

Could have a whole thread on email etiquette to be honest. "Best" does my head in. As does replying all with "Thanks". I've even had someone replying all with "You're most welcome". What a fucking waste of time and bandwidth.

In a previous workplace a guy used to start every email with:

Dear *name*

Hi

I hope you are well and good.

I mean what the f**k? And there's someone who ends every email with "KR" for Kind Regards. Drives me fucking mental.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Could have a whole thread on email etiquette to be honest. "Best" does my head in. As does replying all with "Thanks". I've even had someone replying all with "You're most welcome". What a fucking waste of time and bandwidth.

Dear *name*

Hi

I mean what the f**k? And there's someone who ends every email with "KR" for Kind Regards. Drives me fucking mental.

Work colleagues thread for this pish, but someone at my work has started signing off emails "TIA" for "thanks in advance"

32 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Dear *name*

Hi

I think I know the answer. Where do you stand on "many thanks".

I'm going to boil somebody in oil for that.