Quick Question Thread

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

We had similar a few years back.  Viewed a house we liked.  Asked the woman how long she reckoned she'd need to move out.  She said there were plenty rentals around and she could be gone in a few weeks.  We put an offer in and she accepted then her solicitor said she wanted 3 months to look before even thinking about an entry date.

Offer swiftly withdrawn.

Never understand why people feel the need to mess you around when doing house transactions.

Whether they'd fooled themselves into thinking they were in a stronger position than they actually were I honestly don't know, but it was bizarre behaviour given they'd told us face to face that they were fine with a quick move less than a week previously.

I didn't really think much more of it once we'd moved on, but my wife's a more vindictive soul than I am and would check every three months or so to see if it had sold yet. Turned out it took them the best part of another year and they ended up getting a bit less for it than we'd initially offered.

On 17/01/2022 at 17:59, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone saw a badger in real life? I've only ever seen them on the tele or lying dead.

Think I've told this before, but what the hell...

I had been involved in a cave dig up north, with the term 'cave' being used in the loosest sense of the word.  It had been clogged up with mud over millenia, so you only dug out as much as you needed to progress, which in this case required a flat-out wriggle.  We had sculpted out a 'chamber' towards the terminal end which was large enough to turn around in, saving an awkward ~40m long reverse wriggle.

Unfortunately for yours truly, a curious badger had evidently found this thing and decided that the aforementioned chamber was a brilliant place to set up shop.  Of course, this was only discovered when I was midway along the passage leading up to it, first alerted by an odd but somewhat horrifying scratching noise against the other side of my helmet. 

The passage was too tight to look straight ahead, but the somewhat distinctive black and white furry snout wedging itself between my helmet and the cave wall gave me a decent idea about what lay inches ahead.  It clearly wasn't giving up, and given a shortage of clever ideas as something attempted to maul me to death, I used my free hand to smack the bovine bas*ard right in the nose with the end of my shovel. 

Having taken an instant dislike to each other, I backed off and went outside, leaving somebody else to deal with an angry badger who'd just been hit in the face (in self defence I must stress).

Never saw it again after that.

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Think I've told this before, but what the hell...

I had been involved in a cave dig up north, with the term 'cave' being used in the loosest sense of the word.  It had been clogged up with mud over millenia, so you only dug out as much as you needed to progress, which in this case required a flat-out wriggle.  We had sculpted out a 'chamber' towards the terminal end which was large enough to turn around in, saving an awkward ~40m long reverse wriggle.

Unfortunately for yours truly, a curious badger had evidently found this thing and decided that the aforementioned chamber was a brilliant place to set up shop.  Of course, this was only discovered when I was midway along the passage leading up to it, first alerted by an odd but somewhat horrifying scratching noise against the other side of my helmet.  The passage was too tight to look straight ahead, but the somewhat distinctive black and white furry snout wedging itself between my helmet and the cave wall gave me a decent idea about what lay inches ahead.  It clearly wasn't giving up, and given a shortage of clever ideas as something attempted to maul me to death, I used my free hand to smack the bovine bas*ard right in the nose with the end of my shovel.  Having taken an instant dislike to each other, I backed off and went outside, leaving somebody else to deal with an angry badger who'd just been hit in the face (in self defence I must stress).

Never saw it again after that.

Only made it that far.

Sorry.

Kenneth Williams Badge : Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Who was the coach that worked with Jose Mourinho for a while that looked like an owl? 

Discussion about him at work today. Apparently there was memes aw over the place years ago. We cant remember his name or any trace of his existence.

Roy Hodgson was once voted football manager most likely to cough up pellets...

10 Owls That Look Like Roy Hodgson | Owl pictures, Owl, England football  teamRoy Hodgson looks like an Owl - Album on Imgur

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Who was the coach that worked with Jose Mourinho for a while that looked like an owl? 

Discussion about him at work today. Apparently there was memes aw over the place years ago. We cant remember his name or any trace of his existence.

Avram Grant?

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

When was the last time Scottish (or even English) football saw a flasher invade a pitch?

Maybe happens more than we think but due to the policy of not giving them camera time we are oblivious. None will ever beat Erica Roe anyway.

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Tawny Adams?

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

When was the last time Scottish (or even English) football saw a flasher invade a pitch?

I was at the first game at East End with our plastic pitch. Against Hibs and about 9000 there to witness this strange new surface. Flasher lad came on and did the Klinsmann dive and had some spectacular carpet burns. 

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was at the first game at East End with our plastic pitch. Against Hibs and about 9000 there to witness this strange new surface. Flasher lad came on and did the Klinsmann dive and had some spectacular carpet burns. 

image.jpeg.47ec95b67aaf9758adcfcff8b033481f.jpeg

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Maybe happens more than we think but due to the policy of not giving them camera time we are oblivious. None will ever beat Erica Roe anyway.

I think that killed it off almost instantaneously - it was the notoriety they were after. From what I understand, the polis and stewards are also now under orders not to chase after them now which obviously negated any entertainment factor in proceedings.

Without someone in high-vis unsuccessfully running after them, the situation instantly becomes them standing in the middle of a stadium with X amount of people laughing at their man-tits or tiny knob. You can see why it died out quickly.

Edited by Hillonearth