Quick Question Thread

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
What's a ballparkish damge estimate for a half decent carpet being bought and fitted these days? Room is a decent size but not massive and the underlay that's there is fine.

600 quid

Balls, will need to hang fire til next month. Cheers!

Why does Mrs browns boys generate so much seethe? I don’t find it particularly funny so I have only seen a couple of episodes but why can’t people just not watch it if they don’t like it? We don’t live in a world when we have 4 tv channels and no internet anymore, there’s nothing that is unavoidable on the telly.

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

That is a very tough question as both have their merits but I'd have to go Barras 

Thank, hoping to chock both off this year, presume both serve the good sTuff?

17 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
Does anywhere in Scotland still sell Caffreys on tap?  Used to be my pint of choice back in ca. 2001.

Good call, used to drink that a bit when I was younger, along with Velvet and Tennents Special.

Used to love a pint of Velvet, also Tennents Ember 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Does anywhere in Scotland still sell Caffreys on tap?  Used to be my pint of choice back in ca. 2001.

Not something I've seen for a long time. Used to love it back in the day.

Did they not drop the alcohol percentage in it at one point?. When it first came on the scene I'm sure it was 5 or 6% and was so smooth you used to sink a good few before realising too late that you were absolutely blootered on it..... or maybe that was just me and the debatable company I kept at the time's excuse for being piss artists!!

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Not something I've seen for a long time. Used to love it back in the day.

Did they not drop the alcohol percentage in it at one point?. When it first came on the scene I'm sure it was 5 or 6% and was so smooth you used to sink a good few before realising too late that you were absolutely blootered on it..... or maybe that was just me and the debatable company I kept at the time's excuse for being piss artists!!

Apparently Morrisons are selling the canned version which is 3.8%, which does seem relatively low.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/caffrey-s-premium-irish-ale-217696011