Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Cheers. I'm sad enough to have phoned in to listen to Hearts &co whining about getting demoted last year to Lord Clarke, it was riveting. 

"WE GOT A SUCKER HERE WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO DO JURY SERVICE- QUICK, DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY.." :lol:

On 27/12/2021 at 22:18, 19QOS19 said:

Is there a more irritating sound than Sarah Millican's voice? I've no idea how anyone could sit through one of her stand-up shows listening to that.

Once stood at traffic lights in Edinburgh during the festival and heard a voice that sounded a lot like hers and went right through me. Turned round once I'd crossed the road and it actually was her. Was somewhat surprised that it was actually her real voice. **** that.

On 27/12/2021 at 21:51, Shandon Par said:

2Unlimited’s house?

DD1E07A4-B454-48FB-92E6-C9F7D8328CC0.jpeg

Could you make out the obscured bit at the top? Doesn't look like any of the usual suspects from back in the day (blacks, Irish, dogs, DSS, future in England's dreaming).

Also, is that in Stirling? Got a weird feeling I've seen it before. @Hedgecutter will be able to pinpoint the address, no doubt.

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Could you make out the obscured bit at the top? Doesn't look like any of the usual suspects from back in the day (blacks, Irish, dogs, DSS, future in England's dreaming).

Also, is that in Stirling? Got a weird feeling I've seen it before. @Hedgecutter will be able to pinpoint the address, no doubt.

No Trespassing?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

No no. No no no no. No no no no.

It’s at Rumbling Bridge. I posted a pic of a plaque there commemorating someone’s dog (it fell into the ravine) but the bridge and plaque have since been washed away down into the ravine too. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

No no. No no no no. No no no no.

It’s at Rumbling Bridge. I posted a pic of a plaque there commemorating someone’s dog (it fell into the ravine) but the bridge and plaque have since been washed away down into the ravine too. 

Shandon Paw.

3 hours ago, junior fan 3 said:

Does anyone know if you need planning permission to split a bedroom into two smaller ones?

You don't need planning permission. You may need listed building consent if the building is listed. You don't need a building warrant if it's a 2-storey house.

ETA: worth bearing in mind that you will still need to comply with current building regs even if you don't need a warrant.

Happy to give you more detailed advice if you DM

Edited by Paxo

18 hours ago, junior fan 3 said:

Does anyone know if you need planning permission to split a bedroom into two smaller ones?

More comfortable than drilling a hole in the wardrobe door and hiding in there, I suppose.