Quick Question Thread

Not any more. That finished earlier this month...I think.
That's what I thought, but the gov.scot page I'm looking at was updated on 25th Oct. It says you need a PCR test on day two after return and need to write the booking reference in the passenger locator form.

I too thought we'd got rid of that though.

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Do you really have to pay sixty-odd quid for a PCR covid test when returning to Scotland from abroad? Makes that £11 return ticket not so tempting.

Please forgive me for not raking the bin fire that is the covid thread.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's what I thought, but the gov.scot page I'm looking at was updated on 25th Oct. It says you need a PCR test on day two after return and need to write the booking reference in the passenger locator form.

I too thought we'd got rid of that though.

Sturgeon announced yesterday that it's LFT from Sunday, bookable from Friday. The mandatory CTM firm went a couple of months ago, we can use any on the list linked below but most don't deliver at least at the price advertised.  Randox are reliable at £21.50.

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/providers

https://covid.randox.com/day-2-test-at-home/

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Thanks for that WB. Can you use the NHS test & trace rapid antigen tests? I've still got a few of those left over.

Nope. You need a private firm to get a code for the Passenger Locator Form you need to complete online for a QR code to get on the plane home. The airlines get fined about £500 if they let you board without it so it's strict. 

Nope. You need a private firm to get a code for the Passenger Locator Form you need to complete online for a QR code to get on the plane home. The airlines get fined about £500 if they let you board without it so it's strict. 
Booooooo! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, though.

I've always enjoyed the festive heist shennaigans that is Die Hard but I have never understood the plan to get into the vault. It seems as though they have brought in a very accomplished hacker who is able to 'hack' all the necessary passwords, but then he just uses a massive fucking drill to open the vault. 

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it something I could pull off with a slightly heavier duty drill than I currently own?