Quick Question Thread

On 11/10/2021 at 16:00, ICTJohnboy said:

Brings back memories of a joke from way back in the 80's.

This truck driver picked up a girl hitch-hiker just outside Glasgow and drove her all the way down to Carlisle.

Says she, "I'm really grateful to you for doing that - I wish I could pay you for this, but I don't have any money."

Says he, "disnae matter, hen, happy to be able to help you."

Says she, "wait a minute, I've just realised I'm sitting on something all truck drivers love. There is something I can give you for this"

Says he, "Oh Christ hen, have you been sittin' on ma Yorkie"

#DontBeThatGuy

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone know of any good restaurants in Glasgow centre that has a decent kids menu/accomodates the little shits?

Italian would probably be best but open to anything

DiMaggios on Royal Exchange Square is probably your best bet. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers. Iv provisionally gone for Mediterraneo, on the basis that they have a kids menu and I could get it booked. 

Nbh. Accommodating the kids was principal motivation for DiMaggios, never been to Mediterraneo. Please report back! 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, 101 said:
Anyone know any decent cafes open in Edinburgh city centre at half 7 tomorrow? My usual haunts are closed.
Ta.

Im sure Snax is open at 6:30 there is one at the meadows and one just next to Waverly, decent breakfast.

Thanks, it says it opens at 8 cheers though.

14 hours ago, Empty It said:
14 hours ago, 101 said:
Anyone know any decent cafes open in Edinburgh city centre at half 7 tomorrow? My usual haunts are closed.
Ta.

Im sure Snax is open at 6:30 there is one at the meadows and one just next to Waverly, decent breakfast.

Thanks very much the one by the voodoo rooms was open and had about 30 folk outside having their breakfast.

36 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your liver won't put up with this abuse forever you know.

I live, to  punch you againthen again then again,  and when you stand up to be the hard man I hit you right the puss.

You are no hard man!

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Follow up question to earlier, is Glasgow centre a c**t just now in the buildup to COP26 or is it still ok? The wife has been infected with gossip about squads of armed police and carnage everywhere.

Road closures start at 9PM tonight. No polis or carnage yet. I walked through the place yesterday on the way home from work, just lots of men in hi-vis.