Quick Question Thread

44 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Wanted a straw poll of the P&B massive about a wee thing. I placed an order with an online drinks company (one which I use fairly regularly) which included a case of Schweppes Spicy Ginger Beer. The order arrived with a case of Schweppes Ginger Ale instead. Emailed them to let them know the problem and they have offered that I keep the Ginger Ale and they give me a tenner discount voucher for the next order. I don't use Ginger Ale for anything so wondered if you big lads thought their offer was fair or if I should push for my original order....which I do really want.

Are they refunding you for the spicy ginger beer Aswell or is it keep the ginger ale and we will give you a tenner off your next order ?  Cause if they aren’t you are going to have to pay another 7.50 to get them after using your discount which would leave you out of pocket . 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Wanted a straw poll of the P&B massive about a wee thing. I placed an order with an online drinks company (one which I use fairly regularly) which included a case of Schweppes Spicy Ginger Beer. The order arrived with a case of Schweppes Ginger Ale instead. Emailed them to let them know the problem and they have offered that I keep the Ginger Ale and they give me a tenner discount voucher for the next order. I don't use Ginger Ale for anything so wondered if you big lads thought their offer was fair or if I should push for my original order....which I do really want.

I occasionally drink ginger ale.  Send me a PM and attach the case.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Arthur daley said:

Are they refunding you for the spicy ginger beer Aswell or is it keep the ginger ale and we will give you a tenner off your next order ?  Cause if they aren’t you are going to have to pay another 7.50 to get them after using your discount which would leave you out of pocket . 

No, they're not. I thought the same as you but just wondered if I was being grumpy about it. Don't suppose they know I won't use ginger ale. Think I'll try for a refund or at least a voucher for the full amount.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

No, they're not. I thought the same as you but just wondered if I was being grumpy about it. Don't suppose they know I won't use ginger ale. Think I'll try for a refund or at least a voucher for the full amount.

Defo get on to them then ,as by keeping it you will have a case of something you won’t drink that you paid for and now need to spend another 7.50 to get what you ordered ,they clearly don’t want you to send it back as they will need to pay the return  postage (and also the postage to send out the original  ginger beer that you ordered if you said to them that you wanted it sent out as that’s what you ordered )

1 minute ago, Arthur daley said:

Defo get on to them then ,as by keeping it you will have a case of something you won’t drink that you paid for and now need to spend another 7.50 to get what you ordered ,they clearly don’t want you to send it back as they will need to pay the return  postage (and also the postage to send out the original  ginger beer that you ordered if you said to them that you wanted it sent out as that’s what you ordered )

I will and I shall report.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It's a pity Bill Werbeniuk isn't around any more. He liked to drink Canada Dry

12 hours ago, Arthur daley said:

They didn't go for it. Came back with an offer to pick up the wrong item and then, when it gets back to the warehouse, send out the correct one....if available. It's a fair enough offer but too much hassle for such a wee thing. Just going to take the voucher and see if a pal will take the ginger ale.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

They didn't go for it. Came back with an offer to pick up the wrong item and then, when it gets back to the warehouse, send out the correct one....if available. It's a fair enough offer but too much hassle for such a wee thing. Just going to take the voucher and see if a pal will take the ginger ale.

Aw that’s a disappointment considering it was there fault . 

20 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That's probably what they were hoping for.