Quick Question Thread

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Just out of curiousity, who was it?

Bobby Waddell. 

One of life's good guys. An East Fife fan who got the chance to win a Scottish Championship medal with Dundee in 1961-62. 

He was a regular with the East Fife Supporters' Club to away matches and used to travel to home games by bus from Tayport. 

He kept himself to himself, but enjoyed the company of ordinary fans. A really nice, humble guy. 

It's about 200-odd pages now, so I'm not trawling through to find out, but how on Earth did we end up with a thread about Orange walks twinned with Scottish cricket?

Page 1 appears to be all about the Kafflik baiters. The latest page is all cricket. Is there a halfway hand-off from one subject to the other, like a Spider-Man thread?

It's about 200-odd pages now, so I'm not trawling through to find out, but how on Earth did we end up with a thread about Orange walks twinned with Scottish cricket?
Page 1 appears to be all about the Kafflik baiters. The latest page is all cricket. Is there a halfway hand-off from one subject to the other, like a Spider-Man thread?
Also, does Orange Walk, Belize have anything to do with the similarly named nonsense over here?

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Also, does Orange Walk, Belize have anything to do with the similarly named nonsense over here?

"About 65% of Orange Walk residents are Roman Catholic", 

I wouldn't have thought so.

Had an Airbnb booked for a large group of us in a couple of weeks time. Sadly one of the group has had a death in the close family and the funeral will be during it so we aren’t able to go. The host has refused to move dates, so now in touch with Airbnb about extenuating circumstances. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this before? How likely is it we’d get a refund?

Had an Airbnb booked for a large group of us in a couple of weeks time. Sadly one of the group has had a death in the close family and the funeral will be during it so we aren’t able to go. The host has refused to move dates, so now in touch with Airbnb about extenuating circumstances. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this before? How likely is it we’d get a refund?
When I started reading your post I thought you were going to ask if anyone on P&B would like to take his place, could've been a dangerous game.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Apparently a death is not covered under extenuating circumstances. f**k off Airbnb, 2 grand gone.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Since the update on here when reading threads which have time gaps between posts of more than 1 week, the forum tells you there's a gap there with "2 weeks later...". Does anyone else read this in the Spongebob narrator voice or is it just me that is afflicted here?

Two Weeks Later... | SpongeBob Time Card #103 - YouTube

I'm sure I will now, thanks.

11 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Apparently a death is not covered under extenuating circumstances. f**k off Airbnb, 2 grand gone.

Would travel insurance not cover it?

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Travel insurance or if paid off credit card might cover it.

Travel insurance I’ve got doesn’t cover if a travelling companion’s family member dies. Only my family or the people that were due to travel on the trip.

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Travel insurance I’ve got doesn’t cover if a travelling companion’s family member dies. Only my family or the people that were due to travel on the trip.

What about the companions travel insurance?

No idea if he’s got any, and reluctant to ask him about in the days after the shocking death of a parent.

No idea if he’s got any, and reluctant to ask him about in the days after the shocking death of a parent.
Aye, that's a tough one to deal with. You or anyone you know got a decent social media following, could try and shame Airbnb on twitter or something. Going public often yields decent results.

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Aye, that's a tough one to deal with. You or anyone you know got a decent social media following, could try and shame Airbnb on twitter or something. Going public often yields decent results.

Yeah it’s just one of these awkward situations. It was a big group going and a lot of us knew the parent well so everyone is pretty upset about it, so in the grand scheme of things the money doesn’t matter, but just thought there would be some sort of policy to cover things like this.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Only get out I can see is if one of you manages to catch covid or finds a way of simulating it so you all have to isolate. Remember trying to cancel a holiday to Cuba when my Dad was about to go and British Airways and Virgin were utter c***s. The Virgin guy said not to worry, I could find a phone signal in Havana to keep in touch.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Only get out I can see is if one of you manages to catch covid or finds a way of simulating it so you all have to isolate. Remember trying to cancel a holiday to Cuba when my Dad was about to go and British Airways and Virgin were utter c***s. The Virgin guy said not to worry, I could find a phone signal in Havana to keep in touch.

Scumbags.

Scumbags.
Told this before on here but I cancelled with On The Beach as myum went downhill faster than we thought and ended up in a hospice. Obviously I wasnt going anywhere so binned the holiday and the chew I got off them was absolutely unreal. They made me get a doctors letter from my mums doctor, this is after she died. They then claimed that based on what the doctor said, I should never have booked it.

I was absolutely fucking fuming and properly lost the plot on the phone to them, then settled down and knocked out a few emails to them where I rinsed them pretty thoroughly.

It all got settled when they got back to me and said that although they were absolutely in the right throughout it all, and I was in no way entitled to anything, they were paying me a refund out of "goodwill". That email just about blew my head clean off but I just left it as they had sent back the money. Iv never been so angry in my life though as some twat telling me I should have seen it coming.

Wanted a straw poll of the P&B massive about a wee thing. I placed an order with an online drinks company (one which I use fairly regularly) which included a case of Schweppes Spicy Ginger Beer. The order arrived with a case of Schweppes Ginger Ale instead. Emailed them to let them know the problem and they have offered that I keep the Ginger Ale and they give me a tenner discount voucher for the next order. I don't use Ginger Ale for anything so wondered if you big lads thought their offer was fair or if I should push for my original order....which I do really want.