Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, deej said:

Has anyone been to either/both the ScotKart places in Clydebank & Cambuslang?

Which one is better/recommended?

Been to Cambuslang it was good the boys running it were sound. Going to Clydebank one a week on Thursday so will let you know how I get on unless your planning on going before then?

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Been to Cambuslang it was good the boys running it were sound. Going to Clydebank one a week on Thursday so will let you know how I get on unless your planning on going before then?

Would be next month, a quick look online suggests they are similar, but Cambuslang is a bit of a bigger track

Got a letter a few weeks ago (that I forgot about) from the Office for National Statistics about a survey. Got another one today with a name and a phone number on it to phone someone up and carry out whatever study they're doing. Do I have to or can I phone up and tell him to bolt?

45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got a letter a few weeks ago (that I forgot about) from the Office for National Statistics about a survey. Got another one today with a name and a phone number on it to phone someone up and carry out whatever study they're doing. Do I have to or can I phone up and tell him to bolt?

It's not the Census so I don't see how they can force you to take part. I would just bin it and not even respond.

They give you a tenner to spend at the post office.

I binned the letter and some pushy wife turned up at my door about it, she came to my door, to schedule a phone appt with her, to do the survey. No replacement tenner was offered.

Get tae f**k.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They give you a tenner to spend at the post office.

I binned the letter and some pushy wife turned up at my door about it, she came to my door, to schedule a phone appt with her, to do the survey. No replacement tenner was offered.

Get tae f**k.

You must've done it a while ago, I only got a fiver.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

she came to my door, to schedule a phone appt with her, to do the survey. 

Reminds me of last week. 

I got a bad cut on the job and was sent to Pitlochry hospital. 

"There's nobody here to help you, try the Atholl practice next door" 

Walks next door, presses buzzer. "Been sent here from a nurse at the job I was on, I need stitches in my hand. Hospital has nobody in, they said come here" 

"okay, we can't actually do this over the intercom. Can you phone the number on the wall and I'll get some details" 

Phones the number, same arsehole answers asks all my details - what happened, where it happened - my GP address then and only then, decides to inform me nobody is qualified to do stitches and I'd have to go to PRI. 

I'd like to attend the funeral of a former East Fife player in Kirkcaldy on Saturday morning, then take in the Dumbarton v East Fife game in the afternoon. 

Can I buy a day return from Dundee to Dumbarton and break my journey in Kirkcaldy? 

The normal route would be Dundee to Glasgow to Dumbarton. This would be Dundee to Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh to Glasgow to Dumbarton. 

26 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'd like to attend the funeral of a former East Fife player in Kirkcaldy on Saturday morning, then take in the Dumbarton v East Fife game in the afternoon. 

Can I buy a day return from Dundee to Dumbarton and break my journey in Kirkcaldy? 

The normal route would be Dundee to Glasgow to Dumbarton. This would be Dundee to Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh to Glasgow to Dumbarton. 

Sounds likely but it's best to check. It's usually "any reasonable route" and i often take a similar detour at the other end of the Uk. 

It might even be cheaper to get three singles because city to city are the premium routes and no-one in their right mind wants to get off at Kirkcaldy. 

53 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Yes. Dundee to Glasgow can go via Edinburgh so all stops in between are fine.

Weirdly though Perth to Glasgow via Edinburgh isn't a valid route. 

ETA if you fancy a cracking night in the routing maps http://data.atoc.org/routeing-maps combined with the yellow pages (section C) permitted route identifier http://data.atoc.org/routeing-guide are a never ending source of fun 

Edited by invergowrie arab

18 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Reminds me of last week. 

I got a bad cut on the job and was sent to Pitlochry hospital. 

"There's nobody here to help you, try the Atholl practice next door" 

Walks next door, presses buzzer. "Been sent here from a nurse at the job I was on, I need stitches in my hand. Hospital has nobody in, they said come here" 

"okay, we can't actually do this over the intercom. Can you phone the number on the wall and I'll get some details" 

Phones the number, same arsehole answers asks all my details - what happened, where it happened - my GP address then and only then, decides to inform me nobody is qualified to do stitches and I'd have to go to PRI. 

In Glasgow they save time by making "What school did you go to?" the very first question.

14 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'd recommend using a fare splitting site too to save yourself some cash, train companies are b*****ds - https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/

5 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Window ledges..... would like three new ones at front of the house.  What kind of quote should I expect plus labour to have this done? 

You’ll be lucky to get anyone (reputable) to quote you just now.  Leave it for at least six/nine months until the construction industry is over this manic phase.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

You’ll be lucky to get anyone (reputable) to quote you just now.  Leave it for at least six/nine months until the construction industry is over this manic phase.

Got quoted 670 . Said would get back to him on Friday . Just no idea if that's ridiculous or not 

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Got quoted 670 . Said would get back to him on Friday . Just no idea if that's ridiculous or not 

Honestly couldn’t say.  If they are taking out old concrete sills and fitting new ones bedded in it might not be too bad.

Just make sure it’s a reputable person with a history you can check on and there’s some sort of guarantee.