Quick Question Thread

On 31/08/2021 at 05:58, Mr. Alli said:

Perfectly legal but you need to sign post that you have a camera - I've had the exact same problem with a neighbour having cameras all over the place. His argument was kids were being arseholes. My argument was perhaps he shouldn't be threatening ten year old children. 

Long story short, he phoned the Polis and they says as long as he shows signs then he can be a creepy bastirt all he likes. 

Sort of...

If the footage captures the public street then they need to comply with GPDR regulations. I doubt plod told you this as they try and breach them all the time where I work.

You could, if you were so minded, be a pain about it and make regular Subject Access Requests ie ask for copies of all footage he holds of you and your children - you can do this verbally. He has one month to comply.

You can also ask he deletes all images of you and your children. Again, unless being held for a specific reason, he has one month to comply.

On 01/09/2021 at 01:57, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Favourite White Zombie sing?

I seem to remember being fond of Blur the Technicolor back in the day, but I'd go for Super-Charger Heaven now.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What’s the best way to bend a small piece of steel? I don’t have any fancy tools etc

Fly a plane into it to soften it up. Otherwise find a neighbour with a vice and lump hammer.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How could a squat rack be a "small piece of steel"? 

It’s a part of it. 

I didn’t rack up a lift earlier in the week and the bar dropped, resulting in a part of the bar that connects the two uprights being bent. 

Ive bought a ball pein hammer to try and batter it into shape but no joy. Tried to just crank it back in with a spanner hit again no joy. Off to YouTube it is.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

I didn’t rack up a lift earlier in the week and the bar dropped, resulting in a part of the bar that connects the two uprights being bent. 

Ive bought a ball pein hammer to try and batter it into shape but no joy. Tried to just crank it back in with a spanner hit again no joy. Off to YouTube it is.

You want a sturdy metal tube to give some leverage, preferably a few foot long.

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

AC5073ED-691B-4468-BB90-46275A96378E.gif

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

Can't you turn it upside down and drop the bar on it again?

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a part of it. 

Maybe heat it up a bit first? If you’ve got a gas hob then that’s a bit like a blowtorch.