Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What are these? Few out the back the past few days. Crawling about then as soon as you go near them the click and hop/fly away. 5-6mm in length.

8BCA129E-F1F0-4F21-8AD3-9CAACD05A830.jpeg

Think that’s a horse fly.  Think a bite from one gave me a mutant swollen hand recently. You should invite it to bite your manhood.

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Probably. 

Sneeze on it before it kills your family.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Think that’s a horse fly.  Think a bite from one gave me a mutant swollen hand recently. You should invite it to bite your manhood.

It'd have no effect on 99.99% of the human population. Your body apparently seeks out interesting new ways to hurt itself.

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It was on the back door so it might attack the missus whilst she’s puffing. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Thought I'd resurrect the thread as I'm looking for some advice for some pals. Where's good and lively for someone in their mid 20s to go on a Friday night in Edinburgh after Covid late August? I suggested Palms and the Cowgate but it's been that long I haven't a clue anymore. I've heard Hive is apparently a cocktail bar now lol.

Posting here as well if anyone has any good suggestions for cool new places in Edinburgh

39 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Mid 20s eh?

Cavendish. 

Night of passion with a swamp donkey will ensue.

Luckily never went to Cav! It's a group of lassies anyway so I think they'd rather avoid sweaty lads who study Business.

Has anyone heard of/used Go Fibre? 

Had a guy at the door offering up to 300Mb/s download for £24.99 a month, for a year (after that I think its something like £44.99/month). 

Thing is I've never heard of them, but I'm currently getting about 15Mb/s max from Sky, so it's tempting to see what they offer. Unless of course they're a bunch of cowboys, which given they have gone door to door, they probably are.

6 minutes ago, deej said:

Has anyone heard of/used Go Fibre? 

Had a guy at the door offering up to 300Mb/s download for £24.99 a month, for a year (after that I think its something like £44.99/month). 

Thing is I've never heard of them, but I'm currently getting about 15Mb/s max from Sky, so it's tempting to see what they offer. Unless of course they're a bunch of cowboys, which given they have gone door to door, they probably are.

They have a website - must be legit