Quick Question Thread

Looking for someplace to go for two  nights that will be relaxing and no more than 2hrs from Dundee. 
Friday & Saturday. 
£150 per night max. 

Is this a thing now?

I'm looking for a straw summer hat that i lost at some point last week. Hatlessness is very frustrating in this weather.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Looking for someplace to go for two  nights that will be relaxing and no more than 2hrs from Dundee. 

Friday & Saturday. 

£150 per night max. 

Harbour Nights at Arbroath marina has recently been done up and looking great. Old Boatyard for great grub. Arbroath, mind you.

DoubleTree at Queensferry is nice, good relaxed atmosphere.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But you're just looking for folk to do holiday searches?

Am I? 

When people ask for a nice restaurant, are they asking posters to do restaurant searches? 

I'm looking for recommendations from people who have been to pleasant relaxing places for a few nights. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Friday & Saturday. 

£150 per night max. 

Touch more than 2 hours but I just booked this having been 2 or 3 times before. Best whisky bar in Scotland and nice beach walks and golf if that's your thing. Forests, mountains, beaches, wildlife tours etc all within an hours drive.

https://www.itison.com/Dundee/deals/dornoch-castle-summer-break-sutherland/getaways

Am I? 
When people ask for a nice restaurant, are they asking posters to do restaurant searches? 
I'm looking for recommendations from people who have been to pleasant relaxing places for a few nights. 

Depends what you are looking for tbh, nice accommodation? Good restaurants etc?
I’ve just had the best couple of days away for years, last week. Camp site in Tyndrum! Was better than any hotel stay I’ve had in the last few years. Weather helped tbh & we stayed in a little hikers hut for £45 a night. Best time I’ve spent away for a long time.

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Friday & Saturday. 

£150 per night max. 

You can pitch a tent in my garden for £140 per night.  Monifieth is less than a two hour walk from Dundee so you can save on travel costs too.

Proof of Covid vaccination will be required.

On 21/07/2021 at 07:58, BFTD said:

How come nobody else ever started a competing ghostbusting franchise? It looked like they were raking it in, and I can't believe Egon was so smart that nobody else could have invented similar equipment.

I tried to launch Ghoulbeaters but the liability insurance was so high it could have rebuilt half of midtown Manhattan.

Watching a video of the trump supporters storming the Capitol. Why on earth did they not just fire live rounds at these dregs?
Because a general had stood down the vast majority of the capitol guards and they were only to be deployed at the say so of trump, there were not enough of them and wouldn't have enough ammo and would be out numbered rather quickly.
Basically there is a lot pointing to a collusion that if investigated properly would land a lot of high profile American politicians and military high ranks in jail.
If the investigation instigated by Nancy Pelosi gains traction there's going to be a lot of pant browning and possible worsening of the current divide in America.

On 23/06/2021 at 16:51, Shandon Par said:

A bespoke headboard/wall thing created for a client with the help of my hairy little joiner friend (pictured):

6F62ED26-36DB-4F82-B705-C504BBD9B962.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

@Shandon Par, what thread was it you posted a picture of the decorating job you had done with the mdf headboard type thing?
I was trying to describe it to my girlfriend but can’t find what thread it was in.

23 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Friday & Saturday. 

£150 per night max. 

Went to Berwick upon tweed in October that I think would be about a couple of hours from Dundee. Not very exciting but a couple of decent pubs, few nice enough restaurants and some dramatic cliffs to walk about on. We stayed in an air bnb that was about £60 a night right next to the train station

Plus they seem to have a weird Scottish/Geordie hybrid accent which is fun.

This restaurant was excellent https://audela.co.uk/ and the pub across the road was really good as well

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan