Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

What the f**k are these?

IMG_5125.MOV

It's a Quicktime file. A format GenXers used to share four second thumbnail-sized clips of naked ladies back in the Nineties.

So I'm told.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is it jakey to phone pubs and excitedly ask "Do you really open at 11 the day?" 

Phone, if they pick up they are open, you don't even need to speak.

Edited by 101

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm going to just heavy breathe down the phone. 

Yeh ideal, although be warned thats an official language of Fife so you might not get served if you do it in the boozer.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is it jakey to phone pubs and excitedly ask "Do you really open at 11 the day?" 

Is there none that open earlier than that, like at The Barras or The Budgie at the fruit market in Glasgow?

It wasn't unusual back in the day to clock in at 7.00am, then jump in a taxi to The Budgie for a curer and back to work about 9.30. Tea break at 10 to 10.30, then some hard graft until hitting The Station Bar at 12.00.

Has anyone ever heard a Scottish person say "Och aye the noo" in a non ironic way?
I sometimes say "Och aye". Normally during or after a stretch for some reason.

Have never said the full thing or heard anyone else say it.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

How much would I be for a 3.5 ton skip for a weekend including a license for the road.

Also does it some with one of those handy bit of timber for getting my barrow up *kennwthwiliam.jpg* ?

I paid £180 for a skip and £25 for a permit (Fife Council)  two years ago.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How much would I be for a 3.5 ton skip for a weekend including a license for the road.

Also does it some with one of those handy bit of timber for getting my barrow up *kennwthwiliam.jpg* ?

You’d be better asking a skip company.  They’ll want to know what you’re putting in it, if it’s just soil it will be a bit cheaper.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You’d be better asking a skip company.  They’ll want to know what you’re putting in it, if it’s just soil it will be a bit cheaper.

Obviously but given none of them have prices on their website and I have to write off for a quote like it's the 80s I thought I would ask on here first.

It would be soil/rubble and possibly a medium to large woman 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Obviously but given none of them have prices on their website and I have to write off for a quote like it's the 80s I thought I would ask on here first.

You could probably punt the woman separately and cover the cost of the skip. @Dee Man might have some advice. 

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

All  biodegradable/suitable for landfill so that will help.  Honestly, just phoning them is the easiest.  Skip prices have shot up in recent years so don’t be surprised if they’re costly; also don’t be surprised if there’s a big variation in quotes.

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How much would I be for a 3.5 ton skip 

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’d be better asking a skip company.  

You can't buy advice like this, you really can't. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You could probably punt the woman separately and cover the cost of the skip. @Dee Man might have some advice. 

Sorry, I charge for my body disposal advice now.