Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No idea the most appropriate thread for this so I’ll go with a generic one. Does anybody suffer from bloating? I feel like I’m fairly bloated a lot of the time, and wondered if anyone has taken supplements to reduce bloating and if they had any effect?

Intermittent fasting. 

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No idea the most appropriate thread for this so I’ll go with a generic one. Does anybody suffer from bloating? I feel like I’m fairly bloated a lot of the time, and wondered if anyone has taken supplements to reduce bloating and if they had any effect?

^^^Coeliac! Colonoscopy incoming.

On 09/05/2021 at 20:40, Sweet Pete said:

Not far along the road  from Five Sisters zoo in West Lothian today I saw 5 huge hills of unnaturally pointed shape. Not perfect pyramids like the ones at Livingston, but definitely too large and sharp to be natural. What are they? My best guess was old slag heaps long since grown over, but it's purely a guess.

West Calder United's old park felt like the things were going to engulf it if enough rain fell.

Burngrange Park (West Calder United)1.JPG

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

p07cxgtt.jpg.56d81a17e5cb5f4053972c4840db8180.jpg

I dropped out of it. I took it knowing that I could do so, meaning I ended up with just a couple of subjects in 6th year. 

I used to think I was lazy when it came to studying, as I always struggled with it and ended up getting frustrated, but I've since learned that I just had a shite study technique and that, if it existed then at my school, learning effective study skills would have helped massively.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I dropped out of it. I took it knowing that I could do so, meaning I ended up with just a couple of subjects in 6th year. 

I used to think I was lazy when it came to studying, as I always struggled with it and ended up getting frustrated, but I've since learned that I just had a shite study technique and that, if it existed then at my school, learning effective study skills would have helped massively.

Maybe your just a bit thick.

17 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Sit next to someone you know is really clever. 

Some lass tried that at uni in my first year. Sat next to me in an exam and I knew she was looking at what I was writing. She'd asked for help before which I did a little, because WID despite me being a fat mess at the time.

Half way through I noticed a huge error and being an accounting exam, screwed everything up numbers wise so I had to go and change pretty much everything and when I did, I moved myself between her and my paper. The look of horror on her face with like 20 minutes left to redo everything was absolutely worth it. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Some lass tried that at uni in my first year. Sat next to me in an exam and I knew she was looking at what I was writing. She'd asked for help before which I did a little, because WID despite me being a fat mess at the time.

Half way through I noticed a huge error and being an accounting exam, screwed everything up numbers wise so I had to go and change pretty much everything and when I did, I moved myself between her and my paper. The look of horror on her face with like 20 minutes left to redo everything was absolutely worth it. 

I could never do maths but did manage to calculate that if a third of the grade was based on a class test then if I got top marks in that then shambling through the exams should mean a pass.