Quick Question Thread

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Does anyone get their milk delivered from a dairy? And if so, is it worth it?

We're going to try dundee dairy - but I'm a bit worried that it's just graham's stuff, that you could get from any supermarket.

We use McQueens Dairies who, while based in Glasgow, seem to go far and wide. Milk is milk to me I’m afraid (their delivery is a convenience thing) but their eggs are head and shoulders above the supermarket shite. 

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

We're going to try dundee dairy - but I'm a bit worried that it's just graham's stuff, that you could get from any supermarket.

I get it from Dundee Dairy, every Friday. 

I get oat milk, banana milk and fresh orange. 

The deliveries are always on time, the products usually have about 6 days life in them and I fucking love it. I've had everything bar cranberry juice and chocolate milk. 

The oat milk is the best I've tasted. The banana milk is out of this fucking world sweet goodness. 

I'd definitely recommend you give it a go, it's all done online and is easy to be amended or stopped, paid a week in arrears by DD. 

Con's a good lad and will always be available if you've anything to discuss. 👍

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It depends if you want a hairy baby or not.

"Better get going, milk turns sour you know.

Unless it's UHT milk but there's no demand for that because it's shite"

We used to get milk, eggs, butter, orange juice, milkshake mix, and a host of other stuff from a local dairy. They'd leave a wee leaflet with new products they were punting, and generally they were all worth having as it pished all over the supermarket stuff.

Unfortunately, that was back in the Eighties. Other than birds pecking your bottle tops and fly b*****ds out on the rob in the early hours, I'm not sure that the modern way is necessarily better, in this case.

On 27/04/2021 at 07:37, alta-pete said:

Morrison’s own brand Hot Horseradish (not the Creamed version). Napalm to the sinuses. 

Thank you, sir - will try.

Not far along the road  from Five Sisters zoo in West Lothian today I saw 5 huge hills of unnaturally pointed shape. Not perfect pyramids like the ones at Livingston, but definitely too large and sharp to be natural. What are they? My best guess was old slag heaps long since grown over, but it's purely a guess.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Not far along the road  from Five Sisters zoo in West Lothian today I saw 5 huge hills of unnaturally pointed shape. Not perfect pyramids like the ones at Livingston, but definitely too large and sharp to be natural. What are they? My best guess was old slag heaps long since grown over, but it's purely a guess.

They are the 5 sisters, and are indeed bings from the mines

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They are the 5 sisters, and are indeed bings from the mines

Is that where the zoo gets the name from? I assumed it was something to do with the family that own it or something! Feeling a might daft now. I only assumed slag heaps as on the sides of them you can see from the road dark coloured stone where the foliage has slid away.

We used to go up the bings on our bikes as kids (various ones around West Fife). It was good fun as they were like low-rent volcanoes with steam and smoke coming out in places.  It was only years after that I read about how they didn’t want folk going on them due to the risk of collapsing into a fiery pit of hell.

A few of them are now nature walks etc (35 years later, having cooled down a bit).

On 08/05/2021 at 13:25, Brother Blades said:

Does anyone know if its possible to get Radio Scotland MW frm that stupid bint Alexa?  If so, what to say to her?

I think you can only listen to what is live on the Sounds app. If MW is broadcasting something different I don't think you can

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Is that where the zoo gets the name from? I assumed it was something to do with the family that own it or something! Feeling a might daft now. I only assumed slag heaps as on the sides of them you can see from the road dark coloured stone where the foliage has slid away.

Discarded cooked shale, the remnants of Scotland's original oil industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/mar/16/west-lothian-scotland-spoil-heap-wastelands-shivered-into-life

You may have inspired a new slogan for the road signs though:  Welcome to West Lothian: lots of slag heaps and heaps of slags.

11 hours ago, Rasputin said:

We used to go up the bings on our bikes as kids (various ones around West Fife). It was good fun as they were like low-rent volcanoes with steam and smoke coming out in places.  It was only years after that I read about how they didn’t want folk going on them due to the risk of collapsing into a fiery pit of hell.

A few of them are now nature walks etc (35 years later, having cooled down a bit).

They must be stable. If anyone was going to fall in it'd be you.

11 hours ago, Rasputin said:

It was only years after that I read about how they didn’t want folk going on them due to the risk of collapsing into a fiery pit of hell.

I think the locals prefer to call it 'Cowdenbeath'.

No idea the most appropriate thread for this so I’ll go with a generic one. Does anybody suffer from bloating? I feel like I’m fairly bloated a lot of the time, and wondered if anyone has taken supplements to reduce bloating and if they had any effect?

No idea the most appropriate thread for this so I’ll go with a generic one. Does anybody suffer from bloating? I feel like I’m fairly bloated a lot of the time, and wondered if anyone has taken supplements to reduce bloating and if they had any effect?
The wife moans about this a lot and feels that peppermint tea aswell as less bread based products and gluten* helps

*I know

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Fennel capsules.