Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Abby Normal said:

Another +1 for satinwood. 

Painting a shop front today and two different ladies took my card and asked if I could come round and paint their windows. Are they just trying to trap me into some modern slavery? One of them said she had a painter but he vanished and all his gear is still in her house. 

Yes, I know they're milkmen but Monty Python didn't do a sketch about painters.

Milkmen.png

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Another +1 for satinwood. 

Painting a shop front today and two different ladies took my card and asked if I could come round and paint their windows. Are they just trying to trap me into some modern slavery? One of them said she had a painter but he vanished and all his gear is still in her house. 

Another possibility is that his clothes are the exact same colour as the walls he has painted and her eyesight isn't good enough to see that he is actually still there!

Edited by Fullerene

Anyone have a recommendation for horseradish sauce? I just bought some awful Polish Smak stuff that tastes like flavoured mayonnaise.

As with onions and women, I like my horseradish strong enough to grievously hurt me.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do English football fans have an equivalent to this website?

I suppose cockney wankers could have pie and mash.com

The Cockney wankers I know are always bigging up pie and mash. I've never had it. Is it shite? 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I suppose cockney wankers could have pie and mash.com

The Cockney wankers I know are always bigging up pie and mash. I've never had it. Is it shite? 

The secret ingredients are pie and potatoes.

(Parsley sauce as well, traditionally made from the liquid from stewing eels)

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The secret ingredients are pie and potatoes.

(Parsley sauce as well, traditionally made from the liquid from stewing eels)

I like mash.

I like pies.

It's the "liquid" part that I'm not sure about although parsley sauce doesn't sound too bad.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Anyone have a recommendation for horseradish sauce? I just bought some awful Polish Smak stuff that tastes like flavoured mayonnaise.

As with onions and women, I like my horseradish strong enough to grievously hurt me.

Morrison’s own brand Hot Horseradish (not the Creamed version). Napalm to the sinuses. 

Currently in the process of buying a flat, but date of entry isn’t until the summer. My solicitor is taking days if not weeks to respond to emails and seems to have no urgency to complete the missives. Is it possible to change your solicitor at this point? Has anyone on here done it? 

53 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Currently in the process of buying a flat, but date of entry isn’t until the summer. My solicitor is taking days if not weeks to respond to emails and seems to have no urgency to complete the missives. Is it possible to change your solicitor at this point? Has anyone on here done it? 

That's standard solicitor response times, particularly in these times  mist of the firm will be furloughed.

What would you be needing an update on? Are you sure whatever is needing done is at your solicitors end? Are the land searches complete, has their solicitor done everything? 

I wouldn't prioritise a client whose date of entry was weeks away either TBH.

If you have had an offer accepted changing is going to leave you thousands out of pocket and potentially having to start again from scratch depending on how far along you are.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

Shite like that is why I rent.

You haven't really described any "shite" to be honest. The process is fairly simple, see a house, bid on it, hire a solicitor, sign some forms. The actual legal stuff (missives, exchange of letters) is done between the 2 solicitors.