Quick Question Thread

5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Can anyone remember after 9/11 not being able to withdraw money abroad for a brief period? I had memories of a holiday in Portugal where my parents had to get money from relatives through a travel agency because of this and I've just had a conversation with my maw about it all and I'm baffled. She can't quite remember much detail, was this just in Europe?I think it's crazy that so many people couldn't access their money because of an American terrorist attack. 

Does anyone have any vivid memories of this occurring and affecting them or any fleeting memories about this whole situation? 

I was in Finland on holiday that week and can remember getting Markaa out of a cash machine no problem.

My flight had been booked weeks before for Sept 12th. I remember thinking "everyone likes the Finns, right .." on the flight. The airline I flew on, Sabena, is no more as a result of loss of revenue after September 11th.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I was in Finland on holiday that week and can remember getting Markaa out of a cash machine no problem.

My flight had been booked weeks before for Sept 12th. I remember thinking "everyone likes the Finns, right .." on the flight. The airline I flew on, Sabena, is no more as a result of loss of revenue after September 11th.

Acronym for Such A Bloody Experience, Never Again.

A state sponsored Ryanair!

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

pretty sure online is just as quick if not quicker. On the phone is just some spotty dweeb putting all your info into an online form anyway.

Yeah, for some reason I feel more comfortable using an actual person though. I’ll probably just attempt doing it online and see how it goes.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

If the current Man City first team were to play the likes of Brechin City in a competitive fixture, what would the goal margin be (roughly)?

As long as it was less than 36-0., I wouldn't really care. 

Brechin would go easy on them anyway.

FWIW, I used to go to Maine Road between 1986-88 whilst doing a post-grad diploma in Manchester. City were particularly dreadful at the time!

I've seen a couple of bus stop adverts around Glasgow with slogans like "Steven Gerrard. Legend in Liverpool. God in Glasgow", and another one with some nonsense about 55 titles. They don't appear to be advertising anything (except Rangers). Anyone know who's responsible for them and what their point is? 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

On 18/04/2021 at 22:58, Hedgecutter said:

If the current Man City first team were to play the likes of Brechin City in a competitive fixture, what would the goal margin be (roughly)?

2-1 to Brechin. While Caroline Weir will take the piss out of your defence the physicality will prove the difference.

I've seen them a lot but never used them. Mainly because a) I'm pretty good at stopping it at an even number, and b) even if I wasn't, it's a couple of pence at most. I always pay by card though, guess it's different if someone has a tenner and doesn't want to go over it.

13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I fear I'm leaving myself open to ridicule here as I've been using petrol pumps for 25 years, but the what now?

Ask your petrol butler.

I only used to see them abroad but i the past few years Ive noticed them more on the pumps here.  

Might treat myself to a go on them next time.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey