Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

My thinking is that if a valve (or similar) has gotten stuck and restricted the flow then the pressure will increase as a result. For example, you get those shower heads with smaller holes for the water to come through which you use on low pressure showers to give a better pressure spray. The restriction would cause the pressure to increase, so I'd be checking around where the return begins and look from there onwards for the culprit. Might be a big ask mind. Wouldn't be too worried about bursts though, I tested a small 15mm copper circuit that I had just soldered to 20 bar recently without a drip, so heavy gauge industrial should be able to cope.

Yeah should be fine, cheers!

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What kind of a fucking hat is this?

One hell of a yarmulke.

'TAX AVAILABLE HERE' is a shite advertisement for any business looking to attract customers.

Edit: I suppose we'll never know for sure, but it looks like the lad's used his hat for a bowl cut  :blink:

Edited by BFTD

Has anyone had their Facebook account disabled and how did you get it back?

On Wednesday I got an email with a password reset code I didn't request so I clicked the "I didn't request this" link in the email and thought no more of it.

Had an early night last night so missed another three of these password reset emails and found my account disabled today. It asked me to change my password which I've done (it's definately Facebook before anyone says it's a phishing scam). The account is still disabled with the following message visible when I go to the site. I've no clue why it's suggesting I'm not old enough to be on Facebook as my account has been open since 2008. I haven't posted anything that would breach the community standards* so I assume it's disabled due to the repeated attempts to access the account.

Has anyone had this happen and managed to find a trick to speed the process up? It wouldn't normally be a huge issue but I start a group dog training class next week and we're expected to post our progress in a private Facebook post throughout the class.

*not recently anyway.

We received your information

If we still find that you're not old enough to be on Facebook, your account will remain disabled. This is because your account doesn't follow our Terms of Service.

We're always looking out for the security of people on Facebook, so until then you can't use your account.

Edited by Rizzo

3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

On Wednesday I got an email with a password reset code I didn't request so I clicked the "I didn't request this" link in the email and thought no more of it.

Had an early night last night so missed another three of these password reset emails and found my account disabled today. It asked me to change my password which I've done (it's definately Facebook before anyone says it's a phishing scam). The account is still disabled with the following message visible when I go to the site. I've no clue why it's suggesting I'm not old enough to be on Facebook as my account has been open since 2008. I haven't posted anything that would breach the community standards* so I assume it's disabled due to the repeated attempts to access the account.

Has anyone had this happen and managed to find a trick to speed the process up? It wouldn't normally be a huge issue but I start a group dog training class next week and we're expected to post our progress in a private Facebook post throughout the class.

*not recently anyway.

If we still find that you're not old enough to be on Facebook, your account will remain disabled. This is because your account doesn't follow our Terms of Service.

We're always looking out for the security of people on Facebook, so until then you can't use your account.

I'd just walk away and appreciate how lucky an escape you've had.

29 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

*not recently anyway.

If you aren't 13 -18 or 47 and over, then you aren't old enough.

Can anyone remember after 9/11 not being able to withdraw money abroad for a brief period? I had memories of a holiday in Portugal where my parents had to get money from relatives through a travel agency because of this and I've just had a conversation with my maw about it all and I'm baffled. She can't quite remember much detail, was this just in Europe?I think it's crazy that so many people couldn't access their money because of an American terrorist attack. 

Does anyone have any vivid memories of this occurring and affecting them or any fleeting memories about this whole situation? 

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm seeing a lot of mention of 'NFTs' at the moment.

What the f**k are NFTs?

Non-Fungible Token.

It's data that someone had decided won't be copied. People are selling GIFs to people who have loads of money and want to say they're the only person in the world who has a copy of it.

Edit: check out the nick of yon Baptiste cunto on this thread:

Edit 2: Kevin Smith has apparently made a new film and wants to sell it as an NFT. He'll only make one copy, and give it to the winner of an auction, who can then either sell it themselves, or keep it in a vault somewhere and jerk themselves off over being the only person ever to watch it. All of which screams, "my new film is utter dugshite!" to me.

Fucking mental that digital distribution fixed any issues of supply and demand, yet there are some p***ks who are desperate to artificially restrict everything. I understand why it benefits companies trying boost their sales (buy the collector's edition now or, err...we'll never run out! Shit!), but fake exclusivity is for absolute wankers who'll hopefully get their shit mercilessly pirated.

Edited by BFTD

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I refuse to even countenance that 'fungible' is a word.

Good day sir!

I hear you have fungible toes, you filthy bast.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I refuse to even countenance that 'fungible' is a word.

Good day sir!

Have a read at the news Rules of Origin guidance for trading with the EU and youll see plenty on the accounting of fungible goods. Perfect remedy for insomnia.