Quick Question Thread

I'm sure there's a stop smoking thread somewhere but just can't find it. I've not had one since Saturday morning and gone completely cold turkey. Has anyone else done this and ended up being very grumpy and if so how long does it tend to last?

About the private parking tickets - there was an episode of one of those bailiff shows where they arrived at the house of some lassie whose internet mates had advised her to dingy her parking tickets, and the High Court had ruled against her for about a couple of grand (the daft cow had run up about a dozen £50 fines in a private car park after overstaying her time while out on the piss). The bailiffs were sent out and were about to seize her car until her parents coughed up the money. They made a specific mention about the "urban myth" of them being unenforceable.

Does Scots law differ to England on this issue?

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm sure there's a stop smoking thread somewhere but just can't find it. I've not had one since Saturday morning and gone completely cold turkey. Has anyone else done this and ended up being very grumpy and if so how long does it tend to last?

I haven't eaten any sugar in two months.

I would literally murder you if you had a Yorkie bar and nobody else was around.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

About the private parking tickets - there was an episode of one of those bailiff shows where they arrived at the house of some lassie whose internet mates had advised her to dingy her parking tickets, and the High Court had ruled against her for about a couple of grand (the daft cow had run up about a dozen £50 fines in a private car park after overstaying her time while out on the piss). The bailiffs were sent out and were about to seize her car until her parents coughed up the money. They made a specific mention about the "urban myth" of them being unenforceable.

Does Scots law differ to England on this issue?

Yes it does. Bailiffs do not exist in Scotland. If they want to take it to courts they can. Only the court can order you to pay. Even then they can only seek fair compensation for potential losses caused by your unauthorised parking. So when they bash the fee up to £300 to scare you, thats just nonsense. 

IF you ever had enough of them built up that it made it worth their while pursuing, thats a different matter.

Its also key to all of this that they must be able to prove who was driving, as the driver, not the keeper, is liable. If you WERE the driver, you are under no obligation to incriminate yourself by admitting it. 

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Quick question: who's this Abby Normal chap with thousands of posts that I don't remember seeing before?

The artist formally known as Shandon Par or Decorator Par, literally in the case of the latter username.

42 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Until you have a ciggy. 

Well done though. This was a big help to me:

image.jpeg.ca19a7f98170de9beb0d0e0c0295fa21.jpeg

Some toilet chat on another thread reminded me of something. I was at somebody's house a while back and needed a shite, so did my business and reached for the toilet brush to dislodge any...residue. The bristles were covered in putrefying dung and lavvy paper.

It's not normal behaviour to use the toilet brush and just stick it back in the holder without rinsing, is it? I'll give the bowl a scrub with the brush, then sloosh it about when the toilet's flushing to dislodge any nastiness that's accrued. Admittedly you're flushing twice, but I'm horrified at the idea that I'm the freak and everyone else just changes their brush when it gets too turdy  :shutup

Question for the plumbers, looking at a bathroom vanity unit, toilet and sink. The gap I have is 1300 bath to wall what size unit should I go for as I know I cant get one 1300 as the toilet would be too close to the wall?