Quick Question Thread

I’ve been given a smart parking fine. They’ve claimed I was in a car park for half an hour and didn’t pay for a ticket - which is a lie, I drove in to pick up my gf and then immediately left. Anyway, I don’t want to pay it. Has anyone here been given a smart parking fine and refused to pay it? Had a look at what big Martin Lewis has to say about it and he’s basically said don’t pay it, so I guess my mind is pretty much made up but would be good to get some experiences from folk.

I’ve been given a smart parking fine. They’ve claimed I was in a car park for half an hour and didn’t pay for a ticket - which is a lie, I drove in to pick up my gf and then immediately left. Anyway, I don’t want to pay it. Has anyone here been given a smart parking fine and refused to pay it? Had a look at what big Martin Lewis has to say about it and he’s basically said don’t pay it, so I guess my mind is pretty much made up but would be good to get some experiences from folk.
YAAAAAAS!

If it wasn't issued by the council, ignore.

The key part being ignore. Do not acknowledge, do not appeal, do not discuss. Every letter directly into the bin including the threats of bailiffs and all that shite.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

If it's the council you will struggle to get out of it, unless the pictures of you entering and leaving are time stamped.

If it's a private company ignore.

YAAAAAAS!

If it wasn't issued by the council, ignore.

The key part being ignore. Do not acknowledge, do not appeal, do not discuss. Every letter directly into the bin including the threats of bailiffs and all that shite.

If it's the council you will struggle to get out of it, unless the pictures of you entering and leaving are time stamped.
If it's a private company ignore.

Thanks lads. It’s Smart Parking, i.e not council - so they can GTF

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Is it not a case of being charged in 30-minute chunks, i.e. if you're there for 31 minutes you get charged for the full hour; in your case you were in and out in a minute with your girlfriend (she's probably used to it) so that's why they're quoting half an hour?

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Wait is this site P2W??? Ive tried what you said @Mr. Alli and it doesn't look like I'm able to. 

If you pay the princely sum of £1 p/m or £10 anally (cos Div literally shites money now) you can change it once a month. 

Edit : that money makes the site run advert free which is more than worth it. Plus you can read certain posters PM's. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

If you pay the princely sum of £1 p/m or £10 anally (cos Div literally shites money now) you can change it once a month. 

Consider me mind blown, I had no idea people were buying skins on the PnB.com 

Aye that's a good idea because I would absolutely hate to start afresh with the reputation I've earned... 

I might just need to put a disclaimer on my profile page that I don't actually like Stormzy instead. Job done. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Consider me mind blown, I had no idea people were buying skins on the PnB.com 

Aye that's a good idea because I would absolutely hate to start afresh with the reputation I've earned... 

I might just need to put a disclaimer on my profile page that I don't actually like Stormzy instead. Job done. 

Why is he your username or have you gone off him?

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Why is he your username or have you gone off him?

Gone off him. Made the account a long time ago when he was an up and coming grime artist but now he does music with Little Mix and is pretty much out the scene so to speak, my favourite artist and him are currently dissing each other and I firmly disagree with his political opinions he has expressed well after I chose that as a username 😂 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Gone off him. Made the account a long time ago when he was an up and coming grime artist but now he does music with Little Mix and is pretty much out the scene so to speak, my favourite artist and him are currently dissing each other and I firmly disagree with his political opinions he has expressed well after I chose that as a username 😂 

Fair enough, hope Mr Allis trick helps you change your user to Ed Sheeran :blink:

Just now, 101 said:

Fair enough, hope Mr Allis trick helps you change your user to Ed Sheeran :blink:

Don't bring Ed into this. 

A creative genius slandered by the masses. On a sidenote at least I never chose the Wiley username!