Quick Question Thread

8 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Does anyone have any experience of those We buy any House type outfits that operate out there?

We don't have a massively onerous mortgage but as it would appear that I am incapable of functioning as a normal human being, I need to look at alternatives if I am not capable of bringing in a wage to help cover expenses.

We will never have any dependents so Inheritance is not an issue,  my question is will there be any ongoing fees to pay while living in the house after we "sell it" until we both cark it or do the company that buy the house just wait like vultures?

Avoid like the plague and learn to function as normal human being ASAP please.  

Short of funding life saving treatment for a loved one you will always need a reason for a roof over your head. Being in control of owning your own place is the immeasurably preferable position to everything else. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How would one go about becoming a football referee? 

Zen has answered with where to go, but I'm just going to add that if you are seriously considering it, do it. I've just given it up after 8 years, never got up the ladder at all (because I never really worked hard enough to get to the fitness level required) but really enjoyed it and got some great experiences from it. Ran the line at Tannadice in a Dundee derby in the U20s Scottish cup a few years ago, which was probably the highlight. An experience you'd never get as either a player (you have to actually be good) or a supporter. Made a lot of friends from it as well, a lot of good folks in the A&P association.

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just send screenshots of your performance on the Celtics next manager thread.  You'll be be fast tracked. 

15 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

One for the P&B petrolheads; why is my car squealing when I drive? Just started the last 24 hours. Not when braking (or not only when braking at least), but when driving generally. Hard to pin down a cause or occasion, but seems to happen when turning right or accelerating.

Suggestions welcomed. I will, of course, take it to a mechanic also.

I have rolled down the windows, turned up the heating, sent my bank details to a killie fan and driven to 12 Ruel Street with my maw.

Surprised nobody has suggested opening the boot and letting the hitch-hiker out.

13 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is your dad Hugh Dallas?

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

*Blows whistle*

Penalty to Rangers. 

Apparently so. Grade 1 in no time.

Edited by Mark Connolly

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Zen has answered with where to go, but I'm just going to add that if you are seriously considering it, do it. I've just given it up after 8 years, never got up the ladder at all (because I never really worked hard enough to get to the fitness level required) but really enjoyed it and got some great experiences from it. Ran the line at Tannadice in a Dundee derby in the U20s Scottish cup a few years ago, which was probably the highlight. An experience you'd never get as either a player (you have to actually be good) or a supporter. Made a lot of friends from it as well, a lot of good folks in the A&P association.

How much do you get paid per game to ref? Paying refs isn’t something I’ve ever been involved in.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

At amateurs it's about £40 a game.

That’s not bad. I’m assuming you could do a couple of games a day if you wanted (Dundee morning league then Dundee or Perth afternoon)? Honestly not sure it’s worth it though for the amount of abuse you must have to take 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

51 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

That’s not bad. I’m assuming you could do a couple of games a day if you wanted (Dundee morning league then Dundee or Perth afternoon)? Honestly not sure it’s worth it though for the amount of abuse you must have to take 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

I only did the Perth league. If you wanted you could do a youth game in the morning then the Perth league game in the afternoon. I remember discussions at association meetings amongst the Dundee guys that they weren't keen on people doing the Saturday morning game then Midlands in the afternoon, but I think some did.

When I started I used to do a Perth youth league game in the morning then 2 saints youth games in the afternoon. No chance that my legs could cope with that these days. 1 game on a Saturday afternoon was enough for me.