Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Am I allowed to do Jury Duty? Got called the other day and was surprised. 

I have a criminal record and was sentenced to a community payback order in April 2017. I finished it in June 2017 and it was considered 'spent' in June 2018. 

Website isn't the clearest on the eligibility. 

They changed the eligibility regarding convictions recently so you might be eligible.

They're using Braehead cinema for Glasgow jury service just now rather than the Court. Worst film ever.

21 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Am I allowed to do Jury Duty? Got called the other day and was surprised. 

Would you want to do it? 

Unless you signed for the letter, you could always claim not to have received it. 

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Aye thats where I'm getting sent. Will need to leave the hoose at the crack to get there for 9am. Still beats going to work.

Hope your work is paying you.

The Scottish Government has set the maximum daily payment of expenses for loss of wages at £64.95... 

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They changed the eligibility regarding convictions recently so you might be eligible.

They're using Braehead cinema for Glasgow jury service just now rather than the Court. Worst film ever.

Probably running out of non-criminals to ask in Glasgow.

Anyone ever replaced the heads on an electric shaver before?

I've j just bought the cheapest off amazon and they fit and work but by f**k they pull hairs and it's really annoying.

Have i just fucked up by not paying the extra for the actual Philips replacements?

On 14/03/2021 at 14:01, Mr. Alli said:

Which is the best GoApe! to go to out of Aberfoyle and Aberdeen? 

Taking my mate for her 30th.

Not been to Aberdeen but took the boy to Aberfoyle many years ago. Longest zip line in the UK/Europe IIRC?

Amazing experience well out of the comfort zone (now that it’s a distant (scary vivid) memory). I ended up shiteing it and walking off while the then 12yo a-p jnr revelled in seeing his dad as a shitebag and finished the course - he still tells folk to this day. And it may or may not be related to him now starting a career hanging about at the top of the wind turbines. Recommended. But maybe just the once. 

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Q: If someone says "I'll be around at the back of 12", what time range are they describing?

Correct answer is shortly after 12, 12-12.15

But it sounds stupid and more like they mean 12.45ish imo. 

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Q: If someone says "I'll be around at the back of 12", what time range are they describing?

That's an expression that's lost all meaning in modern times, as everyone has their own idea. I've seen it used as everything from just before the hour, to just before the next hour, with various gradients in between.

That's an expression that's lost all meaning in modern times, as everyone has their own idea. I've seen it used as everything from just before the hour, to just before the next hour, with various gradients in between.
Whit?

It's always meant just after. Up to 25 mins to be exact.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Whit?

It's always meant just after. Up to 25 mins to be exact.

Not for some folk, apparently.

It's even come up on here before.